• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nice little offseason write up

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/story/12142381

In the dozen years since moving from Hartford, the Carolina Hurricanes seem to have learned a thing or two about southern hospitality. That might explain why they have no problem welcoming back people who have left them in the past. The Hurricanes have had second go rounds with nine former players since the lockout ended, and last season even repatriated a coach who spent seven years behind the bench and had been on the hot seat for many of them.

Damn straight! Age of some of the players is the only factor I think could hinder the Hurricanes this year. On paper, they are starting to look beastly.

I love Jim Rutherford. Our weaknesses were apparent last season and we fixed that problem bringing in guys like Kosotpoulos, Ward, Yelle, and Alberts who all offer a HUGE upgrade in toughness and grit as well as an upgrade in defense. Along with re-signing Ruutu, Cole, Jokinen and LaRose.

We have an excellent combination of speed, skill, grit and flat out toughness. Ward should help to bolster our blueline and in my opinion is one of the most underrated defenseman in the NHL today and Alberts is an absolute hit-machine, the guy is a big body and he moves people at will. It's also worth noting that our forwards are very deep and we will have the talent and ability to put 4 solid lines on the ice.

Bottom line: I'm really looking forward to this year and I think we can win the division and have our best shot yet at winning the cup since 06.

Archived