• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Goodell

rko396

No, as in when someone signs a free agent away from you, you can sign a free agent.

ya thts wht i mean. they will let guys like tashard choice walk to another team and just counter that with a Parker signing. Details are all the same, no cap will NOT be good for us

Pitts is the defending SB champs, and looking great this year. You think free agents arent going to want to play for them? uh huh......:rolleyes: yes maybe over 20 years of no cap, Pitt will start to suffer, but as of right now and for the next couple years Pitt will be one of the hottest spots for free agents. Theres no place with more upside except maybe NE

I agree with you that the free agents will want to come to the Steelers, but the "Rooney Recipe for Success" has traditionally been to get our players thru the draft and bring them up thru the ranks. If you go back 10 years I can't think of anyone off of the top of my head that we got thru free agency...

I agree with you that the free agents will want to come to the Steelers, but the "Rooney Recipe for Success" has traditionally been to get our players thru the draft and bring them up thru the ranks. If you go back 10 years I can't think of anyone off of the top of my head that we got thru free agency...

James Harrison. But ya i know what you mean. Just curious as to how that would change when theres no cap and big name players are all wanting to jump on board with the steelers due to all the success

James Harrison. But ya i know what you mean. Just curious as to how that would change when theres no cap and big name players are all wanting to jump on board with the steelers due to all the success

OOPS. You're right. But he wasn't really a big name player at the time...

Point is, they may want to jump on board, but the FO ain't gonna take 'em---at least not if they keep tending to business as they have been...This subject (taking the big names vs building talent thru the draft)is a frequent topic of discussion on our board (http://www.steelersfever.com/forums/index.php)

- he moves the pro bowl from the week after the super bowl, to the off-week prior to the big game. Not that this matters much, but it all but ensures no one on the 2 best teams will be able to play.

He did this when Hawaii was pissing & moaning about what they get for hosting the Pro Bowl and not signing the contract renewal for it. Worked! It'll be in Hawaii in 2010+.

- Not only does he love the idea of a game over-seas but hes trying to include one more game in Germany. I understand him wanting to expand the league globally, but hes doing this at the cost of the fans here. Its tough enough being able to see only 8 games a year in your teams home stadium, but he wants to take one away and send it where football has failed before.

:iagree: This I hate. And IMO it will be the Panthers in 2010. Panthers & Jets, you watch.

OOPS. You're right. But he wasn't really a big name player at the time...

Point is, they may want to jump on board, but the FO ain't gonna take 'em---at least not if they keep tending to business as they have been...This subject (taking the big names vs building talent thru the draft)is a frequent topic of discussion on our board (http://www.steelersfever.com/forums/index.php)

If the panthers could do it one way, i wish it would be just like tht. I love how the steelers always build thru the draft. Some free agents are ok (like when we signed Moose back). But in general, I love watching late round talent develope and become stars. lol being a panther fan, i may stay away from that board for the next few days. they prolly wont take anythign i say seriously anyways.

:iagree: This I hate. And IMO it will be the Panthers in 2010. Panthers & Jets, you watch.

It wouldnt suprise me at all. And im not to sure about this, but i believe season tickets are still the same price even tho your getting ripped off one game. IIRC that is what many bills fans were complaining about last year. I hope thats not true. Really messed up if it is

It wouldnt suprise me at all. And im not to sure about this, but i believe season tickets are still the same price even tho your getting ripped off one game. IIRC that is what many bills fans were complaining about last year. I hope thats not true. Really messed up if it is

They better not be! I can't drive to London! :out:

Sometimes Bills fans whine too much. Toronto is 2 hours away. I'd drive that.

:driving:

Well, if the talks to the Texans owner and Troy Vincent are true, then I agree. Goodell is quickly becoming the worst Commish ever. I've already lost respect for him in the way he so-called became "harsh" with his personal conduct policy.

He is quickly becoming a joke.

Yea, his respect level is steadily decreasing. Not just from fans but from the NFLPA also after these lil incidents. What is he waiting for to start the CBA negotiations? It needs to be done by Feb or March I believe. So mid-january hes gunna walk into a meeting and then say there's not enough time to discuss everything and make the labor union look like the bad guy

Archived