• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My impressions on training camp so far.. Overwhelmingly positive.

PanthersUnited

Thanks to a detour on my way to training camp just right off 85 and the fact I didn't get off work until 6:45 PM, I only caught the last hour of Panthers 1st TC tonight.. I know it's only the first practice and still lots more to come but so far, saying I am pleased is an understatement.

I only pay attention to what matters the most when it comes to training camp and that is the Offense Vs Defense drills.. 

Cam oh Cam oh Cam.. Maybe I'm getting way ahead of myself here, but if Cam shows the same poise, command of the offense, precision accuracy and pocket presence during the regular season like he showed tonight at practice then he could legitimately be a MVP candidate, in fact I would say short list MVP candidate. I have been coming to at least 2-3 practices a year for the last few years and I have never seen Cam look this comfortable, accurate and in command as I saw tonight.

The O line looked solid, Cam had solid time in the pocket and while the run game wasn't nearly as impressive as Cam and the passing game it looked to me that it's just because of our run D being so stout. Thankfully, our backs won't be going up against run ads as stout as ours on Sundays. 

Again, I only caught an hour so I'm sorry if this is short. Just a few more notes.. KB looked as advertised and 100%. Star looked as though he never even had a foot injury, looked as good as usual. Norman really made some nice plays and has shown great strides.

The big story though is just how good Cam and the passing game looked as well as the O line in pass protection. I can't stress enough how good Cam looked tonight. To make it even better I didn't seem him break for a run once, it was his passing and accuracy that looked stellar tonight.

My phone was acting up when I first read this, but I wanted to make sure I said thank you for your camp feedback. Great post my man!

Archived