• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How did I lose Josh Morgan ?

SKULL

1. Warner, Kurt ARI QB 4

2. Brown, Chris HOU RB 10

3. Fargas, Justin OAK RB 9

4. Hightower, Tim ARI RB 4

5. Jackson, Fred BUF RB 9

6. Jackson, Steven STL RB 9

7. Henry, Chris CIN WR 8

8. Jackson, DeSean PHI WR 4

9. Morgan, Josh SFO WR 6

10. Moss, Randy NEP WR 8

11. Owens, Terrell BUF WR 9

12. Daniels, Owen HOU TE 10

13. Miller, Zach OAK TE 9

14. Bironas, Rob TEN PK 7

15. Cowboys, Dallas DAL Def 6

16. Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def 8

1. Warner, Kurt ARI QB 4

2. Brown, Chris HOU RB 10

3. Fargas, Justin OAK RB 9

4. Hightower, Tim ARI RB 4

5. Jackson, Fred BUF RB 9

6. Jackson, Steven STL RB 9

7. Henry, Chris CIN WR 8

8. Jackson, DeSean PHI WR 4

9. Morgan, Josh SFO WR 6

10. Moss, Randy NEP WR 8

11. Owens, Terrell BUF WR 9

12. Daniels, Owen HOU TE 10

13. Miller, Zach OAK TE 9

14. Bironas, Rob TEN PK 7

15. Cowboys, Dallas DAL Def 6

16. Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def 8

what's your team name again? I'll look it up on the draft log.

I guess it happened during one of 20-30 stops, back up, and restarts .

CONFUSSION

But he was never removed from my list so therefor i assumed he was on my roster and unavaliabe to anyone else .

I had moved on to a back up TE

I'm fine now

IT IS WHAT IT IS

14.05 Johnny's Jerkoffs Crayton, Patrick DAL WR 10:30:15 p.m.

14.06 The Border Jumpers Miller, Heath PIT TE 10:30:28 p.m.

14.07 Tazz -Attack Fargas, Justin OAK RB 10:30:33 p.m.

14.08 Bounty Hunters Morgan, Josh SFO WR 10:30:46 p.m.

14.09 d-run Muhammad, Muhsin CAR WR 10:30:59 p.m.

14.10 Lords Of Pain Elam, Jason ATL PK 10:31:11 p.m.

Draft log shows you drafting Justin Fargas and the Bounty Hunters drafting Morgan immediately after. In round 15 you drafted Chris Brown, RB.

I wasn't there and if you copy/pasted your line-up at the end of the draft without hitting "refresh" it could result in this list.

It is possible that someone asked for some help, the draft was reverted a few picks and Josh Morgan was one of the names reverted. Then, when the draft was restarted you chose Fargas instead, either thinking Morgan was on your roster or changing your mind?

yea, the starts/stops are a problem. I'd like to just have no fixes during the draft and it is what it is, easier for commissioners. Too late to change to that approach now but I can understand the frustration.

We did offer the opportunity time and again for practice drafts and many owners, especially in your conference, are returning and in theory should know how to operate the draft controls. So the stop/starts are frustrating for the commissioners as well.

Same thing happened to me twice. I went to look at my lineup this morning and I no longer had Dustin Keller or Brett Favre. Both of those happened during a STOP when it got reverted. I didn't refresh and saw those guys on my roster still so I assumed I had them. That d*mn refresh thing got me a couple of times last year also. Oh well.....

It's cool

Like Johnny Rocket, I seen him on my roster,therefore I had no need to go back and look at WR.

And Like Johnny same thing happened last season also .

It probably happened around 10:00,when the draft stopped and retracted and restarted at least 6 times :confused:

After almost 20 minutes waiting to get to my pick I was very frustrated

He was a sleeper pick anyway so No Big Deal

It Is What It Is

that system sucks as far as players disappearing...and there were lots of issues with having to stop and delete picks to get back to where there were noticed problems. Throw in a couple internet issues, sorry Panthro....and you get what you get I suppose.

Makes me wonder if there is a better way for next year....I've never had issues like these with any of the other sites.

that system sucks as far as players disappearing...and there were lots of issues with having to stop and delete picks to get back to where there were noticed problems. Throw in a couple internet issues, sorry Panthro....and you get what you get I suppose.

Makes me wonder if there is a better way for next year....I've never had issues like these with any of the other sites.

You also can't have mega leagues on any other site so catch 22

But the problems as far as I can tell can all be tracked back to operator error. Having to stop and delete picks is almost 100% a result of owners not being properly prepared. Whether the inadvertent draft pick was caused by clicking the wrong guy or having players sorted alphabetically or setting up the auto draft when you are planning to be there live. All that stuff could have been learned or practiced prior to the draft.

But I missed most of the drafts last night. Am I wrong? Were any of the stoppages due to the system?

you missed most of the draft that you were in too!!!!!

I believe you are bang on...better prep on the owners would help and refreshing on a regular basis would too. People were trying to draft players that were no longer available and the lists got screwed up doing the stop and back up thing. The draft last night was crazy smooth through the first 5 or 6 rounds.

We'll see how it goes today...but if you are drafting today....three things to remember...

STOP....if you have any problems at all, you type STOP and we will pause and fix the problem asap. Also, if you see a STOP, please don't try to make anymore picks as it restarts the clock.

have your homework done before we start would help and if you are actually online for the draft, clearing your pre-draft work list seems to help minimize issues

refresh...for some reason, some owners were having issues with players not disappearing after they get drafted, especially if there were stops and rewinds....if a stop is required, I highly recommend every owner to hit refresh before the next pick.

you missed most of the draft that you were in too!!!!!

I believe you are bang on...better prep on the owners would help and refreshing on a regular basis would too. People were trying to draft players that were no longer available and the lists got screwed up doing the stop and back up thing. The draft last night was crazy smooth through the first 5 or 6 rounds.

We'll see how it goes today...but if you are drafting today....three things to remember...

STOP....if you have any problems at all, you type STOP and we will pause and fix the problem asap. Also, if you see a STOP, please don't try to make anymore picks as it restarts the clock.

have your homework done before we start would help and if you are actually online for the draft, clearing your pre-draft work list seems to help minimize issues

refresh...for some reason, some owners were having issues with players not disappearing after they get drafted, especially if there were stops and rewinds....if a stop is required, I highly recommend every owner to hit refresh before the next pick.

That is a big one (the refresh).....just my two cents.....no STOPS next year. I agree with Pryd that it is user error and that should fall into the tough luck category. I didn't STOP when I got Colston by accident last night because I knew I screwed up. Later on I used a STOP but only because other people were doing it and figured I might as well take advantage also. In both instances it was my own fault.

I don't think there's anything wrong with using STOP if you made a mistake. For instance I had Hakeem Nicks selected in my work list but when the person ahead of me made a pick it moved the cursor back to the all receiver list so I got some guy from New England instead of Nicks. The problem I have with STOPs is when they are used because someone let the timer run out, which happened several times. In that case, no STOP should be given and they have to deal with getting Mason Crosby.

I agree Red...but sometimes the stops were because people were trying to draft someone that was not there and the timer runs out...I dunno. Typically my turns take 10-15 seconds because I have one or two players qued up and ready to go.

Archived