• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deon says Panthers & Steelers in the Super Bowl

GRWatcher

don't you mean...

No, given how Jake did at end of last season, no offseason improvements and a Horrible Pre-season which included losing our best(only good) DT, I see no reason to be Optimistic at this point. They have done absolutely nothing yet, to make one be positive.

It can change though, maybe they were sandbagging all pre-season?

Well I am pretty sure the media didn't see it because no one ever slams him for it like Jake has gotten slammed 24/7/365. I have no less respect for CP as a QB myself though. I still think he's good.

I about fell out when I heard DS say that about the Panthers. Out of everyone on that panel he is probably the least likely to say that or maybe tied with Faulk.

Every one has bad games, I can forgive one every once in awhile but it seems that the Older Jake gets the more of those bad games come up. He had 4 int and a 25% completion percentage against the Raiders for crying out loud. For the record I for one didn't want him to go anywhere, but I think he should have played well enough to deserve a 5 year extension worth as much as he got. The FO should have waited to see what he did this year before giving him an assured roster spot for at least 2 more season.

They also should have brought in some decent competition to push him. I think he needs a fire lit under his a$$.

I'm not going to argue with the rest of your post though I don't concur. On the contract, I was also surprised at it at first. Now that I see what some other guys have gotten guarantee wise, it's not that surprising. I myself would likely have offered a 2 yr extension though (through 2011). It's likely that's really what it IS in reality is a three year deal though.

I'm not going to argue with the rest of your post though I don't concur. On the contract, I was also surprised at it at first. Now that I see what some other guys have gotten guarantee wise, it's not that surprising. I myself would likely have offered a 2 yr extension though (through 2011). It's likely that's really what it IS in reality is a three year deal though.

Your right we didn't pay as much as some guys have gotten. But those same guys also didn't turn out the worst possible game at the worst possible time. You can't compare him to guys like Rogers (who is a very good young QB with still a lot more potential) to a guy in his mid-30's and has just about shown you exactly what to expect out of him (an inconsistent QB who can win about twice as many games as he loses). I like Jake I just think he should have earned that contract.

Archived