• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Watson and Cam Newton supporting each other in their undefeated seasons.

Pox 08

http://sports.espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/88440/deshaun-watson-cam-newton-rooting-for-each-other-through-undefeated-seasons

The quarterbacks have been close since Watson played in Newton’s All-Star seven-on-seven camp during his junior year of high school in 2013. Watson was a rising star in the recruiting world, but it wasn’t his talent that caught Newton’s eye. It was his approach to learning.

"He was always eager, just like a sponge," Newton said. "He’s quiet, but always looking to see how he could make his game better."

Newton is pulling for Watson, too. As a former Heisman winner, Newton gets a vote on who wins the award this season, and he’s now on record as saying Watson is his choice.

"I’ve known him since he was 15 years old," Newton said, "and I’m sure he’d be saying, 'I better get his vote.'" -- ESPN Carolina Panthers reporter David Newton contributed to this article

Archived