• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jeff Davidson.

spartan_pantherfan

Jake needs some 3 step drops and some easy passes to get his confidence back. I've seen Jake make the throws that he missed in the Eagles game. Something is not quite right with him. It's like he has lost some arm strength. I'm expecting better pass protection in the Falcants game, and maybe Jake will get some easy throws to start the game.

Our offense depends on the deep pass. That's why the Panthers didn't want Jeff Garcia, he can't throw the deep ball. Jake will have to throw deep to Smith a few times in the Falcants game. Before we take a deep shot. we need to give Jake some short passes to the TE, or an easy target. Confidence is important, and Jake is lacking it right now.

Bingo.

stay conservative with him?

you mean ( like ive said 4 times atleast ) he makes a turn over and we all of a sudden forget the run game and turn into a pass attack offense? how is that conservative?

I mean I am by no means a Jake apologist but he has got to have time to throw, and he did not ( It was REALLY bad, I mean REALLY bad ) and if he is not getting the time, the game plan has to change to give him ( or any other QB playing ) the time or make the defense ease off, which Davidson did not do.

my main point was, Jeff Davidson abandons what this team is built for and panics pretty much right away when things are not going their way, which leads to digging a bigger hole.

Before the turnovers, some the play calls just isn't right, and is conservative. And when he do turn it over, who wouldn't. The running game can only go so far. You dont honestly expect to win just off running the ball. You have to be able to pass effectively in this league. But the question is, how many coaches would limit their team off one player

Actually, 3 out of 4 picks, Jake had time to throw. While the o-line played bad, either yall choosing to ignore that or didn't see it. You can go back and watch the highlights and see it

They could have done two things. They could have Thrown Screens and used draw plays to loosen up the run game. Or they could have spread it out 5 wide and spread out the defense so they would be forced to play the WR or get burned. What they did was stick to there gameplan. Run draws and cutbacks all game.

Jake needs some 3 step drops and some easy passes to get his confidence back. I've seen Jake make the throws that he missed in the Eagles game. Something is not quite right with him. It's like he has lost some arm strength. I'm expecting better pass protection in the Falcants game, and maybe Jake will get some easy throws to start the game.

Our offense depends on the deep pass. That's why the Panthers didn't want Jeff Garcia, he can't throw the deep ball. Jake will have to throw deep to Smith a few times in the Falcants game. Before we take a deep shot. we need to give Jake some short passes to the TE, or an easy target. Confidence is important, and Jake is lacking it right now.

Im not making excesses but why he was underthrowing balls was because he could not plant his feet. Football 101 tells us if you can get consistent pressure on the QB and knock him out of his rhythm, not let him plant his feet you will win the game. The Oline was just as horrible as Jake last Sunday. Any QB would have had trouble. Maybe not throw 4 INTs but still not be good.

Archived