• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jeff Davidson.

spartan_pantherfan

Sucks.

As soon as Jake throws an int and the Panthers go behind, he goes into panic mode and just throw away the run game and starts to air it out, look at the Arizona game.

a few problems I had with the Eagles game:

1) why are we throwing deep bombs to Moose, since when is he our deep threat? thats the best play you could come up with send moose deep? he is much more suited to be a safe throw to jake 10-15 yards, where its pretty much guaranteed he will make the catch and not fumble.

2) when its obvious that the other team is bringing the blitz, pretty much every play, why not throw some screens ( and other quick passes ), there are 4 players on the roster ( Smith, Williams, Stewart, Goodson ) who could turn something like that into a big gain, if not at least get 4-5 yards and if you do that and start picking up first downs the other team would be forced to back off.

3) it seems like the guy has like 10 plays he runs and then hes out of ideas and our play book goes to poo, just like Arizona we start out with a great drive then its.....nothing.

the guy benefits from having a great Oline and RBs who makes plays breaking tackles left and right.

what say you huddle posters?

if Dan Henning had a vanilla style of play calling, Davidson is yogurt, i agree where were the screen passes, i would have rather seen a draw then all the ill advised pass calls, i don't remember seeing the full house "philly" backfield formation but that damn wildcat was ran a couple of uneventful times wtf

Correct me if I am wrong, but I only saw 1-2 screen plays, none which resulted in a turnover, the passes that resulted with turnover were some bombs and some intermediate routes.

It just seems like as soon as the Panthers go down, he goes into panic mode and starts airing it out like the run wont work all of a sudden.

we all know that being down a score ( or even two ) if you keep feeding the ball to Williams and Stewart they are eventually going to break one, doing that and keeping the O under control seems like a better idea then

" Oh poo, they are up 7 because of an INT time to throw it as much as possible to get back in this "

its not like it was near the end of the game, it was still in the first quarter, plenty of time for them to regain control of the clock and get some of those drives like the first one ( run it, and throw the short passes to keep getting first downs )

maybe its just me, but I saw it in the Arizona game ( what was it 1 good drive running then 11 runs? ) and then started the season off the same way.

Overall I am not impressed with Davidson.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I only saw 1-2 screen plays, none which resulted in a turnover, the passes that resulted with turnover were some bombs and some intermediate routes.

It just seems like as soon as the Panthers go down, he goes into panic mode and starts airing it out like the run wont work all of a sudden.

we all know that being down a score ( or even two ) if you keep feeding the ball to Williams and Stewart they are eventually going to break one, doing that and keeping the O under control seems like a better idea then

" Oh poo, they are up 7 because of an INT time to throw it as much as possible to get back in this "

its not like it was near the end of the game, it was still in the first quarter, plenty of time for them to regain control of the clock and get some of those drives like the first one ( run it, and throw the short passes to keep getting first downs )

maybe its just me, but I saw it in the Arizona game ( what was it 1 good drive running then 11 runs? ) and then started the season off the same way.

Overall I am not impressed with Davidson.

Fox talked about it on Panther Talk last night. You wouldn't have seen the play develope into the screen that was called.

yeah I was wrong, there were some ints on screens, but either way my point still stands IMO.

1) they should have came earlier

2) there are still other plays that can be ran to quickly get the ball out

3) it should have never turned into an air game situation

I know Jake did not have any time back there in the pocket ( so called pocket ) so it was hard to develop plays, but there are still formations that could have helped that, some 2 TE sets, 2 RBs in the back blocking etc.... something, not the crap we saw.

yeah I was wrong, there were some ints on screens, but either way my point still stands IMO.

1) they should have came earlier

2) there are still other plays that can be ran to quickly get the ball out

3) it should have never turned into an air game situation

I know Jake did not have any time back there in the pocket ( so called pocket ) so it was hard to develop plays, but there are still formations that could have helped that, some 2 TE sets, 2 RBs in the back blocking etc.... something, not the crap we saw.

Jake needs some 3 step drops and some easy passes to get his confidence back. I've seen Jake make the throws that he missed in the Eagles game. Something is not quite right with him. It's like he has lost some arm strength. I'm expecting better pass protection in the Falcants game, and maybe Jake will get some easy throws to start the game.

Our offense depends on the deep pass. That's why the Panthers didn't want Jeff Garcia, he can't throw the deep ball. Jake will have to throw deep to Smith a few times in the Falcants game. Before we take a deep shot. we need to give Jake some short passes to the TE, or an easy target. Confidence is important, and Jake is lacking it right now.

I dont think everybody has gotten it about Jake, but yall will soon

Is it me, but why in the preseason it seemed like our offense opened up more as we went towards our 2nd and 3rd string QB's

Davidson loves passing to the TE, thats why we picked up talent there. But when Jake gets into turnover mode, it messes up the whole entire rotation. Not only that, but we stay conservative with him

Watch what I'm saying come Sunday

stay conservative with him?

you mean ( like ive said 4 times atleast ) he makes a turn over and we all of a sudden forget the run game and turn into a pass attack offense? how is that conservative?

I mean I am by no means a Jake apologist but he has got to have time to throw, and he did not ( It was REALLY bad, I mean REALLY bad ) and if he is not getting the time, the game plan has to change to give him ( or any other QB playing ) the time or make the defense ease off, which Davidson did not do.

my main point was, Jeff Davidson abandons what this team is built for and panics pretty much right away when things are not going their way, which leads to digging a bigger hole.

Jeff Davidson another coach that's Wimped under FOX.

Jeff grow some BALL's

If you live by Fox you will die by Fox

New coache's bring in their guys

So if this could be your last season , why not create some excitment .

Jack this offense up

Fox has been a good coach , but if you know your ideas could work and hold back B/C of FOX

Then you need to do a Buddy Ryan and grow a pair .

Just Win !!

Archived