• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The future of the Team?

DelhommesTheMan

Why does everyone think that if Fox was fired Cowher would come in and blow this team up? We are actually pretty well off at some key positions.

Our O-line is fine and will be together for a while with young players at Center(Kalil), LG(Wharton), RT(Otah), and not to mention an All-Pro LT(Gross).

Same goes with out RB's as DWill, and Stewart are both young and amazing.

The key overhaul would have to come at the Quarterback position, and WR's. I know Smith is amazing, but i think if we could add value to our club with a young QB in the first round by trading Smith it might be something our club needs for the future. Face it, we aren't winning the Super Bowl in the next 2-3 years. Smith will be 33 by than and will have surely lost a step, its the nature of the game. Moose will be long gone...and Jarrett and Moore arent likely to be kept around unless Jarrett actually catches something this year. We can get a young QB and build a young WR core around him, maybe grab a veteran somewhere along the line, but we dont need someone as good as Smitty, we are a Smash Mouth team...

Offensively thats were we stand. Defensively it's the D-Line that needs an overhaul. Everett Brown will start replacing Peppers who must either be traded or let go. Our DT's are either unheard of, or are old. How did we go from such a dominating D-Line to the poo we are putting on the field right now! Tyler Brayton, Damione Lewis used to be Rucker and Jenkins! This has to change. 3 out of the 4 positions on our D-Line are well below average right now and the one bright spot will be gone and replaced with a guy we traded a first rounder for so well see how he pans out..

Linebacker is young and dominant. Beason, and Thomas Davis are gonna keep our Defense competative in the meantime, while we have to find a Diggs replacement sooner or later but this is our defensive strength much like our RB's on offense. With Conner in the wings, maybe a 3-4 wouldnt be so bad? Would it effect Beason that much? COuld Thomas Davis be our Demarcus Ware attacking QB's off the corner? Could Peppers even be better suited as a 3-4 LB, wonder what would happen there...It def. wouldnt be good for Everette Brown thats for sure...That would be a wasted pick in that scenerio.

Our Secondary sucks...I dont wanna make this post too long, but seriously Gamble is average, Harris can lay wood but is average in coverage, Marshal has a year to show me he can be our shut down corner, and Godfrey is mediocre at best, but we are young back there so its yet to be seen. Sherod MArtin wont even be on the team next year, he sucks..

I hope we are better than what we showed Sunday, cause right now the Raider looks better than us..Ouch that hurt to write..

Archived