• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Summer 2016 Transfer Window

DirtyMagic97

Real Madrid are interested in David Alaba and had an initial 50m Euro bid rejected. 

Not sure how I feel about this one. Alaba is class, but Marcelo is the best LB in the world. Would rather get Gaya or Wendell to be Marcelo's backup and play Copa games etc. Alaba can play a MF position, so there is added value there. 

Also, despite Dortmund trying to squash the rumors, Aubameyang leaving is gaining traction, and it seems like Madrid is at the top of the list. He was seen Saturday at the CL Final in the stands, taking in the game. 

Would love this signing, perfect counter attacking forward. Combine his blistering pace with Bale's and you improved the attack significantly. 

17 minutes ago, C47 said:

Real Madrid are interested in David Alaba and had an initial 50m Euro bid rejected. 

Not sure how I feel about this one. Alaba is class, but Marcelo is the best LB in the world. Would rather get Gaya or Wendell to be Marcelo's backup and play Copa games etc. Alaba can play a MF position, so there is added value there. 

Also, despite Dortmund trying to squash the rumors, Aubameyang leaving is gaining traction, and it seems like Madrid is at the top of the list. He was seen Saturday at the CL Final in the stands, taking in the game. 

Would love this signing, perfect counter attacking forward. Combine his blistering pace with Bale's and you improved the attack significantly. 

Good!  I'm all for Aubameyang to Madrid so Morata can be sold to EPL team.

I don't think selling Morata is as much as of a done deal as most seem to think. Morata himself said his preference would be for things to work out at Madrid. There can still be plenty of minutes for him behind Aubameyang if they actually add PEA. 

1 hour ago, C47 said:

I don't think selling Morata is as much as of a done deal as most seem to think. Morata himself said his preference would be for things to work out at Madrid. There can still be plenty of minutes for him behind Aubameyang if they actually add PEA. 

Morata said today he prefers Madrid but open to move to EPL and he already received offers from EPL.  He said he wants Madrid but the most important thing for him is playing time and he thinks his physical play is perfect for EPL.

Basically...  He wants to start.  He prefers to be a starter at Madrid if not he don't mind going somewhere else.  If Madrid buys Aubameyang...  Morata will be 3rd on depth chart.  He's leaving Juve cause he was 2nd on depth chart...  Dude wants to play. 

How will he be third in the rotation? If Madrid buys Aubameyang, Benzema is gone to the PL. 

He's leaving Juve because Real are exercising their buyback option that they included in the deal two years ago. Morata himself said a month ago he would like to stay at Juventus because the regular minutes are allowing him to develop. He could get the same number of minutes at Madrid being second in the rotation. Ancelotti just didn't rotate the squad much, so he was never getting minutes. 

36 minutes ago, C47 said:

How will he be third in the rotation? If Madrid buys Aubameyang, Benzema is gone to the PL. 

He's leaving Juve because Real are exercising their buyback option that they included in the deal two years ago. Morata himself said a month ago he would like to stay at Juventus because the regular minutes are allowing him to develop. He could get the same number of minutes at Madrid being second in the rotation. Ancelotti just didn't rotate the squad much, so he was never getting minutes. 

Who's going to buy Benzema?  Not Arsenal...  That ship has sailed.  Benzema will be 29 years old this year.  Seria A is his likely destination. 

Also, I'm not sure what Morata said a month ago, I'm telling you what Morata said today. 

5 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

Who's going to buy Benzema?  Not Arsenal...  That ship has sailed.  Benzema will be 29 years old this year.  Seria A is his likely destination. 

Also, I'm not sure what Morata said a month ago, I'm telling you what Morata said today. 

He's going back to Real Madrid because he doesn't have a say in the matter. They put a buyback option in and are exercising it. If they didn't have the buyback option he would be happily staying in Turin. 

42 minutes ago, C47 said:

He's going back to Real Madrid because he doesn't have a say in the matter. They put a buyback option in and are exercising it. If they didn't have the buyback option he would be happily staying in Turin. 

Of course... But Juve can dish out money for him but they rather look else where because they don't think he's worth that much to them.  Again, you are assuming teams will line up for Benzema but I don't think this will be the case.  He was not even included into France national team...  They picked Giroud over him.

11 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

Of course... But Juve can dish out money for him but they rather look else where because they don't think he's worth that much to them.  Again, you are assuming teams will line up for Benzema but I don't think this will be the case.  He was not even included into France national team...  They picked Giroud over him.

Giroud was picked ahead of Benzema because Benz still has legal matters hanging over his head, not because Giroud is a better player. They won't be able to sell Benz for a huge amount but they'll certainly be able to find suitors for him if they want to move him. 

11 minutes ago, C47 said:

Giroud was picked ahead of Benzema because Benz still has legal matters hanging over his head, not because Giroud is a better player. They won't be able to sell Benz for a huge amount but they'll certainly be able to find suitors for him if they want to move him. 

Sometimes you gotta ask yourself...  Is it better to sell him and keep him.  Right now, he's worth more to Madrid than to anyone else.  He is signed to a new deal, with huge salary...

17 minutes ago, DirtyMagic97 said:

Giroud is one of those guys I watch and I'm just like "You really are just complete shite" and then he scores a brace in 3 mins.

Yep... He does fuging nothing and then scores a fuging hatrick... He drives Arsenal fans nuts 

1 hour ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

The Top RB in the World is Carvajal.

Good luck, Barca. 

He's older and maybe better for now...  Barellin just turned 21 and been lights out.  Don't be surprised if Carvajal rides the bench in 1-2 years.

40 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Carvajal was Bosque's top choice and regarded as Spain's future. He won't be riding the bench in 1-2 years. Bellerin has pace but not Dani's tenacity. The guy is called Spain's Pitbull for a reason.

There's not many fullbacks in the world that can stifle Messi, Sanchez and Neymar on the same night.

Yea yea yea.  That Spain Pitbull is currently licking his wounds.  Enjoy watching Barellin starting in Euros ;)

Archived