• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How about those RED SOX! Part Deux

Goondal

I have been pretty spot on when it comes to my opinion the past few years with which players they should pursue/avoid as well as which ones to kept, etc.  The one notable player I was dead wrong on (and I am happy to admit it) is Jackie Bradley Jr.  

I was correct about not wanting to trade him back when his name was floated, but that was due to the fact that his value was at rock bottom.  After he ended last season well though I was more than willing to shop him.  It was my opinion that he was nothing more than a fourth OF on a good team due to his fantastic defense.  I have been enjoying my nightly meals of crow.

One player I wish I had been wrong about though is Buchholz.  I was willing to cut bait several years ago on him.  At least Porcello is rewarding my patient support (and unlike Lackey it had not taken him as long).

3 hours ago, Goondal said:

I have been pretty spot on when it comes to my opinion the past few years with which players they should pursue/avoid as well as which ones to kept, etc.  The one notable player I was dead wrong on (and I am happy to admit it) is Jackie Bradley Jr.  

I was correct about not wanting to trade him back when his name was floated, but that was due to the fact that his value was at rock bottom.  After he ended last season well though I was more than willing to shop him.  It was my opinion that he was nothing more than a fourth OF on a good team due to his fantastic defense.  I have been enjoying my nightly meals of crow.

One player I wish I had been wrong about though is Buchholz.  I was willing to cut bait several years ago on him.  At least Porcello is rewarding my patient support (and unlike Lackey it had not taken him as long).

To be fair he was batting .213 for his career before this year, I don't think anyone saw this coming. Props to Chili Davis for getting the most out of these guys on offense. Didn't like the move up to the leadoff spot for him though, would much rather have him batting out of the 9-hole so he has some protection behind him in the order. Buchholz is frustrating because we have seen the kind of pitcher that he could be at his best, but it seems less and less likely that he will ever get anywhere near that level. At this point I just want him to be able to be the 5th man in the rotation when E-Rod comes back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

100 games to go as of today and we sit tied atop the division at 36-26 with the O's.

Oddly, Toronto (36-31) has the same amount of wins but five more losses.  Weird that they would have played five extra games at this point.

• 4 weeks later...

I love our bats.  It is a damn shame that we are wasting them with this awful pitching staff.  If only they had asked my advice the past two years and re-signed Lester a year ago instead of getting Sandoval and then getting Johnny flippin' Cueto instead of Price.

I really hope we do not give up our top hitting prospects.  The way it sounds it seems as if we could have most of our lineup filled out with home grown guys once Benintendi, Devers, and Moncada get here and with our pocket books we could lock these guys up for a decade.  The only pitcher I am the least bit interested in trading for is Teheran.

C: Vazquez
1B: Shaw
2B: Moncada
3B: Devers
SS: Bogaerts
LF: Benintendi
CF: Bradley
RF: Mookie
DH: Swihart (and back-up C)

Should our prospects hit the way the are touted that would be amazing for years.  I am really worried that Dombrowski will trade them away from run of the mill SP in a few weeks.  He has a horrible track record with the farm system.

7 hours ago, Hammerin'Cameron34 said:

Yeah I hope DD doesn't sell the farm, I don't think we'll give up much the pitching is too broke for a trade or two to fix everything. Guys need to pitch better that we have. Teheran would be nice but the Braves want a bunch back for him, too much. Travis Shaw I think is a bum and shouldn't be included in future plans though hes the only player with three 5 RBI games this season

Shaw is definitely the least talented of the ones we have seen so far, I will say that.  I really hope Dombrowski does not go crazy, but I am fearful that he will.  He has a bad track record with that and he certainly was not patient in FA with that Price contract.  It feels like every time we fire someone for making bad signings we bring in someone else that does the exact same damn thing.  So very annoying.  

• 1 month later...

Was at the game tonight.  Sitting about the tenth row just past third base.  Has a perfect angle for Mookie's throw to cut down Keirmeier heading for a triple.  Insane throw, reminded me of vintage Ichiro.  My vantage point on it was perfect.

Team is playing well right now.  If the bullpen could stop walking people I would think we would be the favorites in the AL.  Would not have said that earlier in the season.  The rotation looks very formidable at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Mookie's biggest threat (asdie from Papi from you said, Papi stealing votes) is Houston making the playoffs.  Then it will be Altuve.

Our young talent is absurd.  If they could figure out how to beat crap teams we would be unstoppable.  Luckily we do not face these last place teams in the playoffs.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty good weekend we have going on here.  Three straight and a chance to complete the sweep and end the Yankees season tomorrow.  And we finally won a one run game!!!  Now if the boys can figure out how to beat the O's before this week's series we will be set.

Archived