• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How about those RED SOX! Part Deux

Goondal

For some reason we cannot post in the old thread so I guess we need a new one.  The first one saw a World Series title but then had two last place finishes so maybe we will get some new thread magic.

Anyway, Price has been named Opening Day starter.  I really was not all too keen on this signing.  Just like last year they are overpaying drastically, although at least I like Price most than the bats we wasted cash on last season (I still hate Panda).

This feels like a second or third place team to me, not as bad as it had been but not as good as '13 either.  We definitely have some fine young talent.  I really hope that the idiot contracts to Sandoval and Hanley do not cost Shaw playing time.  

Luckily nobody looks unbeatable in the East, although Toronto will be favorites to repeat as long as Stroman is healthy and the pen does not blow. I have them in the high eighties.  Balimore is the weakest in the division and should win in the mid 70s.  That leaves Boston with New York and Tampa in the middle.  I think we have the best roster of the three and the Yankees are the worst, however that pen of their's is so damn good it will disguise some weaknesses.  They have won more than they should have three years in a row due to their stellar 8th/9th inning guys and this year's pen is their best yet.  We should be fighting New York all season , both finishing in the mid-80s.  Tampa meanwhile will stay close but I do not think they have the hitting to win more than 79-82.

No matter how it plays out, so glad to have baseball back!

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe it is just too hard to understand, or maybe we just do not know what we are talking about, but my brother and I have been screaming to put Joe Kelly in the pen as a set-up man.  

He reminds us so very much of Wade Davis.  I owned Davis in every fantasy league before it was popular.  He was a mediocre SP with amazing stuff that was just too damn inconsistent.  He could not put seven innings together despite having some brilliant ones.

Under no circumstances am I saying he can replicate Wade's stats, since you know his previous two years were better than RP well...ever.  But he.  has really good stuff and often goes out there and looks dominant for multiple innings.  He rarely seems to get a Quality Start though.  Put him in the pen and let him go all out for 1-2 innings.  I think he could transform our pen and make it one of the best in MLB.

For most of the history of this game you would prefer a mediocre starter over a great eighth inning person but in my opinion the game has changed.  KC is ahead of the curve.  Great bullpens win now (it is why we won in '13).  We have someone that could improve it and we are wasting him in efforts like this evening.

17 minutes ago, Goondal said:

Maybe it is just too hard to understand, or maybe we just do not know what we are talking about, but my brother and I have been screaming to put Joe Kelly in the pen as a set-up man.  

He reminds us so very much of Wade Davis.  I owned Davis in every fantasy league before it was popular.  He was a mediocre SP with amazing stuff that was just too damn inconsistent.  He could not put seven innings together despite having some brilliant ones.

Under no circumstances am I saying he can replicate Wade's stats, since you know his previous two years were better than RP well...ever.  But he.  has really good stuff and often goes out there and looks dominant for multiple innings.  He rarely seems to get a Quality Start though.  Put him in the pen and let him go all out for 1-2 innings.  I think he could transform our pen and make it one of the best in MLB.

For most of the history of this game you would prefer a mediocre starter over a great eighth inning person but in my opinion the game has changed.  KC is ahead of the curve.  Great bullpens win now (it is why we won in '13).  We have someone that could improve it and we are wasting him in efforts like this evening.

ehhh even last year when he was doing really well, all the advanced stats pointed towards that being unsustainable and more of a fluke than something legit. outside of Price we have no rotation really besides 4 guys who are at best #4 starters.

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, pantherphan96 said:

I don't think I have ever been more angry at an umpire before in my life. That 3-2 pitch was a foot below the bottom of the strike zone. fug Ron Kulpa. SOB should be suspended.

Poor little bitch had his ego bruised the pitch before so then he steals a game from us.  What a crock.

I know that they are doing it so that both Swihart and Vasquez get adequate playing time, but there are times where I really wish Hannigan was gone and we would have both on the roster.

Also, Wright should not be allowed to pitch in the rain again.  It kills the knuckler.

Things are going very well though.  Baltimore's pitching will catch up to them and both Tampa and New York (haha) seem worse than expected.  Toronto is going to be our main competition.

The youth movement is paying off!!!

Archived