• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Madden 17 Gameplay (Panthers vs Cardinals)

Lilsmitty09

On ‎2016‎/‎06‎/‎27 at 6:49 PM, Wundrbread33 said:

This just screams "madden homer" to me.

I have had a ton of fun playing Madden. I've actually had more memories with Madden because the popularity of the game resulted in the majority of my pals buying it, so I always had a copy.

Both games had(have) their merits, but the content 2K Sports packed into their football game a dozen years ago was astounding. Their mistake? Making their game dirt cheap with more content than what EA provided at the time. A metaphorical kick to EA's nuts. The rest is history.

Suction blocking originated in 2K? Guess I learn something new everyday. How you can throw that 2k's direction and ignore that it is arguably considered the biggest consumer complaint about Madden over the past decade is interesting to me.

Blocking is determined by player skills, not attributes? Well obviously Madden works this way, but is it right for a 5'10" 180 lbs. kicker to hold his ground like a 6'3" 300 lbs. center does? This has been in Madden for years and it is disgraceful.

Madden today is better than NFL 2k5. They have improved the game every year, but at a snails pace because of exclusivity. What is appalling is that things 2k5 got right (or did damn well at) such as presentation, gang tackling (although Madden finally does this pretty well), interior running game, etc. are still lacking in refinement in the Madden franchise, and that hurts all of us.

...oh and running down WR's with DT's.......Madden countered their overpowered ball carriers in Madden 25 by adding the "suction tackle" where spamming "A" or "X" allowed your 350 lbs. NT to warp-dive 5+ yards to catch even AP with a shoestring tackle from behind. The best players in our league really are just the best at spamming "A" within the oversized tackle area.

Suction blocking on offense, suction shoestring tackles on defense. Double the suction! For everyone! 

Not sure how it screams "Madden homer" when I clearly said 2k5 was better than Madden 05 and that I particularly did not like the mechanics of Madden 05 through 09. My point was to call this anti-Madden NFL2k5 sentiment what it is: a circlejerk that has gone on too long and is no longer based in reality. It is nostalgia for the old Sega series combined with blind hatred for the Madden series. I mean its obvious that some people haven't played Madden since the SNES, but they'll be posting how much Madden sucks in every single Madden thread. We get it - you vape. $60 for a roster update? Yeah, no. I already have this year's rookies on last year's game. Try community updates if you want a roster update.

Many of us who play Madden strive for realism. Yeah, we probably shouldn't have to play with sliders so much to get that effect. However, we also avoid blocking with Kickers, so I'm not sure how that works.

2 hours ago, Chimera said:

Not sure how it screams "Madden homer" when I clearly said 2k5 was better than Madden 05 and that I particularly did not like the mechanics of Madden 05 through 09. My point was to call this anti-Madden NFL2k5 sentiment what it is: a circlejerk that has gone on too long and is no longer based in reality. It is nostalgia for the old Sega series combined with blind hatred for the Madden series. I mean its obvious that some people haven't played Madden since the SNES, but they'll be posting how much Madden sucks in every single Madden thread. We get it - you vape. $60 for a roster update? Yeah, no. I already have this year's rookies on last year's game. Try community updates if you want a roster update.

Many of us who play Madden strive for realism. Yeah, we probably shouldn't have to play with sliders so much to get that effect. However, we also avoid blocking with Kickers, so I'm not sure how that works.

Kickers are used to test the "physics" engine and attributes.

Since they hold a pocket just fine, this indicates that weight/attributes are broken, or there are hidden values that contradict the attributes that are visible.

And I agree, there are definitely people with blind hate because of exclusivity, many of which haven't bought madden in years.

All the issues aside though, they are missing out on a game with a lot going for it.

They been missing out on connected franchise...which is so amazingly fun that I am avoiding Madden this year simply because it sucks up so much of my time!

Archived