• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers is trash

App Panther

Really? When was the last time you worked out with Pep?:rolleyes:

my roommate in college went on for four more years of college and ended up living with the Spurs strenght coach at the time.when he finished he was strenght and conditioning coach at cleveland indians aaa team in florida.then at detroit tigers team inaugusta.He attends seminars with coaches and strenght and conditioning coaches all the time.so he gets info on alot of players.so since we were at clemson when the panthers were there,we became fans.so whenever he talks wth anyone about carolina he tries to find out what they are pushing,how strong they are,and their work ethnic.and pep has a poor one

my roommate in college went on for four more years of college and ended up living with the Spurs strenght coach at the time.when he finished he was strenght and conditioning coach at cleveland indians aaa team in florida.then at detroit tigers team inaugusta.He attends seminars with coaches and strenght and conditioning coaches all the time.so he gets info on alot of players.so since we were at clemson when the panthers were there,we became fans.so whenever he talks wth anyone about carolina he tries to find out what they are pushing,how strong they are,and their work ethnic.and pep has a poor one

You didn't major in English there did you?:D

College? Hmm...doubt that. Of course, you may have attended but everyone knows you need some sort of English class for a degree. :rolleyes:

Dude - once again, I did not say he is trash. I did not start the thread. Let's discuss the Philly game then. He had a nice game, but let's do remember that his sack and forced fumble were against Kevin Kolb when it was 38-10 in the 4th quarter and the Eagles were mailing it in. That makes zero relevant game changing plays in 2 games, not one.

Let me try to make this clear: Peppers is a good player, sometimes great, who does not give 100% every series or game. He wants out of Carolina. If he plays for us next year it will be with the franchise tag again and $18M+. Here's a refresher quote for you before we tagged him:

"If they decide to use the tag on me, the first thing that I'll be doing is requesting a trade," Peppers said Saturday. "Then anything after, basically I don't know what would be the course of action. We'll deal with that when that time comes."

This is not an investment. It is a one-year shot at the Superbowl. Hurney and Fox had one year to produce and they pulled out all the stops. It was a bad decision. The cap space he occupies left too many holes unfilled.

The point is: the ONLY way the move makes sense is if Peppers is dominant in every game. He hasn't been this season, and yes, it's relevant that the only two games he was dominant in last year were against Detroit and Oakland.

It bothers me because the two ways we could have avoided the situation (Peppers agreeing to a very lucrative long-term, more cap friendly, contract or letting him go) didn't happen which has left this team crippled.

no one is dominant in every game....pure and simple. even the great Asomugha was beat by Vincent Jackson.

Archived