• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is this the fix?!

ownermode bm

Lets convince peppers to retire and take the HC job, it will be PERFECT!!!

this is as realistic as the original post.

And getting pressure from the front four is tried and true. We need a better defensive tackle next to Lewis, and it's the team's fault they didn't replace Jenkins better (which is a separate issue from why Jenkins needed to go, and he did).

But an exotic defense with a young group will fall flat. Some of you need to realize that it's not just a matter of calling something outrageous, you have to have the talent to fit it, and you have to have experience. The sort of thing you need for any good defense.

this is as realistic as the original post.

And getting pressure from the front four is tried and true. We need a better defensive tackle next to Lewis, and it's the team's fault they didn't replace Jenkins better (which is a separate issue from why Jenkins needed to go, and he did).

But an exotic defense with a young group will fall flat. Some of you need to realize that it's not just a matter of calling something outrageous, you have to have the talent to fit it, and you have to have experience. The sort of thing you need for any good defense.

Fox's defense worked a few years ago. no one really plays defense that way. we need to get updated and upgraded. burn it down and start from scratch.

Fox's defense worked a few years ago. no one really plays defense that way. we need to get updated and upgraded. burn it down and start from scratch.

No teams get it done from the front four? The Giants disagree. They seem to do allright with that.

It's not just scheme. You can ask any number of 3-4 teams that moved there because it was the "in" thing and didn't have the talent to support it, and saw that fail.

No teams get it done from the front four? The Giants disagree. They seem to do allright with that.

It's not just scheme. You can ask any number of 3-4 teams that moved there because it was the "in" thing and didn't have the talent to support it, and saw that fail.

its not just htat part. the Giants also more than 1 blitz package. they don't always have to just bring four. but they have the talent. my point was bringing pressure is more effective than running a prevent.

its not just htat part. the Giants also more than 1 blitz package. they don't always have to just bring four. but they have the talent. my point was bringing pressure is more effective than running a prevent.

Your point was that the way Fox does things is outdated. The Giants won a championship on those same things, right?

No he is saying that the Giants are far more creative in there blitz packages.

and I'm saying that an overwhelming amount of their pressure is front four. They didn't beat Tom Brady with blitzes.

but hey, most people think that all you have to do is call blitzes and then you win.

The Giants don't generate most of their pressure from their front four? Huh. I must've been watching the wrong team.

I never argued that they didn't have the best front four in football just that the Giants blitzs are far more creative and effective then our own. I still think there front four wins them games. I would give every pick in next years draft and our whole dline (especially Pep) for theres in a heartbeat.

The Giants don't generate most of their pressure from their front four? Huh. I must've been watching the wrong team.

Is fox's scheme working in Carolina, no. The giants do not sent 4 every time. and no one said anything about running blitzs every time. but it doesn't hurt to keep the offense guessing. the #1 defense in the league didnt do so by bring 4 at the QB play after play.

No what I was saying is that merriman won't cost alot dude he isn't tearing anything up right now and is coming off of surgery. Now to say that 16-19 mill isn't enough cap room to sign a couple pieces is asinine wtf(not including other cuts and what not we could have close to 26 or more). You don't use the whole cap on 1 player for 1 year. My point is we need an identity and we don't have the talent level suited for the 4-3 tampa because our front four only has 1 pro-bowler and he takes plays off. No knock on the 4-3 but if we did keep it how bout mixing in the blitz it seemed to work last night for a little.

Archived