• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is this the fix?!

ownermode bm

Well I just have to say that with it looking like a new regime is on the way things may turn upward. We see what a difference a new coach can make (Ryan). I know its only week 3 but you can def see the swag in that defense

I was just contiplating that if we don't resign Peps that we can have some money to throw around. I think we could upgrade and afford Seymour, and Merriman(if he doesn't start blowing poo up) on defense. Merriman should be good by year two from the surgery and Seymour has proven to be a beast from a 3-4 (8sacks last year) and 4-3(numerous qb pressures and 2 sacks for oakland). If somehow Tony Pike was to be at the top of round 2 then that should be our pick no matter if we do get a guy like Mcnabb or Cambell next year. Qb depth is a good problem to have! I know I am rambling but with the way things may be headed I am looking for clearer skys. I am prepared to sink with the ship if need be but I be damn if I will stand pat next year if some things don't get fixed. Like I've said before we need a identity and Fox is a good coach but this team has yet to bill the smash your mouth team consistently. BRING ON COWHER! P.S. I am drinking but what the hell!

my problem is, Fox's philosophy is to reduce the blitz and let the front 4 get pressure. It case he hasn't realized it, that is outdated. All the successful Defenses bring pressure. THis is one reason why i believe he needs to go. He needs to catch up. No one cares about the prevent and cover 2 defense. Good defenses bring the pain.

Well I just have to say that with it looking like a new regime is on the way things may turn upward. We see what a difference a new coach can make (Ryan). I know its only week 3 but you can def see the swag in that defense

I was just contiplating that if we don't resign Peps that we can have some money to throw around. I think we could upgrade and afford Seymour, and Merriman(if he doesn't start blowing poo up) on defense. Merriman should be good by year two from the surgery and Seymour has proven to be a beast from a 3-4 (8sacks last year) and 4-3(numerous qb pressures and 2 sacks for oakland). If somehow Tony Pike was to be at the top of round 2 then that should be our pick no matter if we do get a guy like Mcnabb or Cambell next year. Qb depth is a good problem to have! I know I am rambling but with the way things may be headed I am looking for clearer skys. I am prepared to sink with the ship if need be but I be damn if I will stand pat next year if some things don't get fixed. Like I've said before we need a identity and Fox is a good coach but this team has yet to bill the smash your mouth team consistently. BRING ON COWHER! P.S. I am drinking but what the hell!

Oh my word, where to start? First no way Merriman is going anywhere. Come on he is probably the best rush OLB in the league. The raiders just gave up a 1st round pick for Seymour do you really think the wont franchise him? Mcnabb isn't going anywhere he is probably the 4th best QB in the league (behind P. Manning, Brady, Brees).

Cambell is a real possibility as he will most likely be available and like others have said I think he is much better then he has performed in all those different schemes.

I like Cowher but this team needs a new mind to get this D back on track. I like the Steelers LB coach Butler. He is considered by most to be the Heir apparent to Lebuea. Look how good that LB corps. He turned a undrafted rookie in Harrision into one of the best LB in the league. The steelers are consistently in the top 5 or 10 in the league every year.

IMHO Cowher had his sucess mainly because of his great D's which I think were more as a result of the genius he had as a D Coordinator. I think Butler can do what Lebuea as he has been with him for 7 years, maybe bring his own twist on it. In a perfect world Del Rio will be fired after this season and he can be brought in as DC and assistant HC to ease Butlers transition to HC.

Merriman has more sacks, Davis has more tackles. the only reason he has more is because of San Diego's defensive scheme. and i do believe that Davis is just as good if not better than him. We don't need any Lbs.

Merriman is one of those Athletic Freaks that doesn't come around often. He has those sacks because he is a rush olb in a 3-4. He still has pass rushing skills that would rival any 4-3 DE in the league. He is a huge presence that all O coordinators have to gameplan against. I don't think TD is nearly at that presence yet. I'm not saying he cant I just don't think he is there yet.

Merriman is one of those Athletic Freaks that doesn't come around often. He has those sacks because he is a rush olb in a 3-4. He still has pass rushing skills that would rival any 4-3 DE in the league. He is a huge presence that all O coordinators have to gameplan against. I don't think TD is nearly at that presence yet. I'm not saying he cant I just don't think he is there yet.

I dont want him replacing TD. bring him in as a DE, sure. Have him replace Davis, no.

Archived