• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Taco Charleton vs Derek Barnett

ncsfinest21

Taco and its not close to me.  Just wait for the Gettleman "You cant teach 6'6 with that kind of wingspan folks".  Taco is going to be the pick, i would take him over Thomas and Barnett and i bet Gettleman would to.  Look around guys, hes PROTOTYPE PANTHER DE!  Embrace it...

(Before anyone gets crazy Adam and Hooker i would take over him but they will be gone, i would consider Fournette but DE over RB all day)

Off-topic: Its funny to me how people can't stick to a thread topic. This thread isn't about OJ Howard, Fournette, Soloman Thomas, John Allen or Willis. It is clearly about the relative merits of just two players. I guess there will always be people only interested in their own agenda however irrelevant it is to the thread.

On-topic; I have always been a Barnett guy, and I don't get his lack of interest among scouts and fans. His production against the best opponents is strong over a longer time. Hes not deficient athletically and he doesn't flash ability-he's consistent. He's a DE not OLB, not DT not a gadget/hybrid player who spent most of his time at a different position. People seem scared that he doesn't have potential to be more than he has shown but his production has eclipsed every defensive player in the draft, plus hes still young. I appreciate that he was used as situational rusher and this may have padded his stats. It also seems probable that he won't go top 10 but he maybe available in a trade back to mid-round and represent amazing value there.

I  don't know about Taco except that he has a cool name and the prototypical physique. Maybe that's enough for some people.

Archived