• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My jake thread

tight lines

Not Hasselback, I dont know about Eli yet. I think you got the picture though.

Yeah I get the picture. You will exaggerate to contradict someone you disagree with then though you are actually wrong, will say you are proven right because you were CLOSE or we should GET THE PICTURE. This thread, your prediction of their record last year vs. actual results, etc. :rolleyes:

Instead of that egotistical moniker of yours, I submit that your name should be "gman is supercilious".

Since everybody else on the board has made a Jake thread I figured Id make one too. I was looking through some stats after someone claiming in another thread that 7 ints 2 tds and 2 fumbles through 3 games would get most other qbs benched. Here is what I found

Drew Brees 2007 season first 3 games

7 ints 1 td 2 fumbles.

Ben Roethlisberger 2006 season games 2, 3, and 4

7 ints 0 tds 1 fumble

M Hasselback 2004 season games 6, 7, and 8

7 ints 2 tds 1 fumble

Eli Manning 2006 season games 10, 11, and 12

6 ints 2 tds, 3 fumbles

Brett Favre 2008 season games 15, 16, 17

7 ints 2 tds, 0 fumbles and

2005 season games 8, 9 and 10

7 ints 2 tds and 1 fumble

P Manning 2007 season games 9, 10, and 11

8 ints 3 tds and 1 fumble

I got bored of looking after that but Im sure I could find plenty more examples discuss.

Thanks for this great and positive post. It definitely is a great way to analyze the Current Jake situation. I guess time will tell if Jake is just in a slump or if he is done.

Yeah I get the picture. You will exaggerate to contradict someone you disagree with then though you are actually wrong, will say you are proven right because you were CLOSE or we should GET THE PICTURE. This thread, your prediction of their record last year vs. actual results, etc. :rolleyes:

Instead of that egotistical moniker of yours, I submit that your name should be "gman is supercilious".

I'm sensing some hostility in your post. There is no need to be angry. Very few people possess the knowledge that gman has. Gman may always be right but may not always be observant. Gman didn't notice hasselbacks name on the list. Gman never claims to be perfect. He's just always right

Using pure statistics out of the context in which each statistically recorded event occurs is garbage analysis. Paid analysts on TV use this to make bad points and fill up air time. Gman and others use this technique to make anything they say appear correct.

As it is this year very few if any of the turnovers committed by Jake are directly his fault they are just recorded on his stats. Jake has done a fine job so far imo and if our OC and OL can get their collective heads removed from their rear ends then maybe things can turn around.

That said Jake is not a superstar quarterback and never will be, but you do not need a superstar to win just a smart guy and a team that doesn't cause situations in which the ball is turned over.

Gman does not make Jakes stats for him. Jake only makes them for himself. You cannot blame the OL and his WRs for his poor decision making. I dont know how many times I hear the commentators say they dont know what Jake was thinking or where he was trying to throw that pass to. Jake slurpers like Kral and P55 will constantly look to blame someone else rather than pointing the finger on their hero Jake right where it belongs. This tactic is very comical and often entertaining. Who will they blame next week for Jakes INTs since we already know ahead of time that it wont be his fault? Stay tuned til next week folks to find out who the Jake slurpers will look to blame.

A bunch of the same old crap over and over and over and over this time maybe with more exaggeration

Your exaggeration technique to prove your unfounded point has grown stale.

Anyone who isn't a moron can see through you and your exaggeration based arguing technique. Did I ever once say Jake is the man and a hero? No, but you sure love to put words in others mouth so I'm not surprised that you wrote what you did.

So please continue with you stale approach while the rest of us just move right along without you and your incredibly enlightening posts.

Gman doesnt like to be rude but you left him with no choice with your comical tactics of blaming everyone else but Jake. Jake can do no wrong in your eyes. It is always someone else! When Jake throws into triple coverage its the recievers fault for not getting open. When Jake throws it straight to a defender with no receiver even close to the play then it was the OL's fault. I look forward to next weeks game of blame everyone else but Jake just to see who the slurpers will blame next. Im going to make a bold prediction and say they will blame his INTs on Hoover or Fiametta since they havent had a turn yet.

Gman doesnt like to be rude but you left him with no choice with your comical tactics of blaming everyone else but Jake. Jake can do no wrong in your eyes. It is always someone else! When Jake throws into triple coverage its the recievers fault for not getting open. When Jake throws it straight to a defender with no receiver even close to the play then it was the OL's fault. I look forward to next weeks game of blame everyone else but Jake just to see who the slurpers will blame next. Im going to make a bold prediction and say they will blame his INTs on Hoover or Fiametta next week since they havent had a turn yet.

Yep that's right Jake is perfect in every way and better than Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, and Steve Young combined. He is incapable of making mistakes and will play until he is fifty if the Panthers are lucky enough to keep him since as you know everyone else wants him too. I tremble before his might and if we can just get a team not full of retards in every other aspect then maybe just maybe we'll win the Superbowl with Jake's arm alone.

Well that was fun.

Archived