• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sharp Objects

Moorgan

13 hours ago, Still Brooklyn said:

Looks like you missed the post credits scene, BigD.

I saw it. Wasn't impressed with the director's choice to do it in grainy, scattershot flashbacks. It still doesn't explain how someone who should be sickly like all of the time with gastrointestinal issues/in need dialysis would be the leader of a pack of killer girls, OR how she killed that girl alone in St. Louis. It was just shitty writing. 'Building up a tolerance to rat poison' as they tried to explain it away on the show, would still do permanent organ damage to someone that had been getting dosed since she was a small child.  

I know, I know, it's just a stupid TV show. Hate watching is more fun for me though, and this show made that easy. 

• 2 weeks later...

This show was great.    Fantastic performances by Adams and Patricia Clarkson.    The sister was obviously guilty and I figured this out in episode 1 (not to toot my own horn but I usually figure these things out anyway).    Wife read book so didn't entertain me and tell me I was right lol.    Figured out the mother around episode 3-4.      I still enjoyed it because the performances were powerful and you could tell Adams through herself into this role.       The sister was both the killer and the victim, as it goes sometimes.    Even the mother was a victim of her own mother.      It's a portrait of the "perfect family" on the outside but dirt on the inside (to the extreme obviously) and how you can keep things secret with money and whatnot in a small town.    I grew up in one so this resonated with me (obviously nothing to the extreme as this though).   

It's also a representation of people that stand by and let things go on, they are just as bad.    The pathetic husband, the chief, and the aunt to a degree.    

Archived