• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Better now than in the playoffs...

Munkey

It's better we lose the way we did tonight now rather than losing like this in the playoffs.

To clarify, I'm talking about leaving recievers untouched and open almost always. Playing zone is fine, but it has to be used at the right times.. Blitzing is fine, but it has to be used at the right times. Whoever is calling the plays, Fox or Trgo, they are doing an awful job at it.

Bend and not break is ok.. but for the entire game? Got to get aggresive at times. Yes, the last 2 runs killed us, and god only knows how nobody seen the draw coming.. I'm pretty sure 99% of tonights TV audience seen that last shotgun draw play coming, and yet we still didn't plug the holes up good enough.

Honestly though, did we even blitz tonight? I'm talking about a real good blitz, not an obvious one where people are going to get picked up. I seen a lot of fake blitzing that led to Manning just chilling in the pocket for hours at a time, but never a real blitz. The one fake blitz led to a drop back int oa zone in the endzone and it was an easy TD pass to Boss across the middle.

I'm just hoping this loss makes Fox or Trgo rethink the strategy of some of these calls. Everytime it was 3rd and long, I instantly knew they are going to get a 1st down. That's just how our defense is, we play off enough to give them enough for a first down, but not a big play. We hope they make a mistake or our weak line can get a sack. It's sad, and it doesn't work against good teams.

Better now than in the playoffs...

We have got to figure out how to generate pass pressure without blitzing first. Blitzes only mask the central problem, and can be beaten easily by a well-run screen or draw. That alone would improve our secondary incredibly. They are built for speed after the ball's in the air (preferably as a lame duck), not coverage.

Obvious blitz as in the LB blitz where even Madden said (this was when Davis blitzed) when the Cats blitz the LB it is always only one? Yeah that was about all I saw.

I could be wrong, but I don't think they blitz much more now than back before Luc, Marshall and Gamble when the secondary was a bigger weakness.

No we didnt

Like I said, someone said we did blitz. Thats not a blitz. Im talking like 6-7 people blitzing. Ravens blitz, Steelers blitz

I dont understand defensively what is going on. Dallas showed what to do on tape. Blitz and play bump and run. There isn't many teams who dont bump and run at least sometimes. Saying Jacobs wasn't there against Dallas is officially no excuse, because Ward is the one who ran all up and down our asses this game. He was there against the Cowboys. (Yeah, I know we was missing Kemo and Lewis, a big part). Its lthis stubborn attitude we will continue to do this over and over

No we didnt

Like I said, someone said we did blitz. Thats not a blitz. Im talking like 6-7 people blitzing. Ravens blitz, Steelers blitz

I dont understand defensively what is going on. Dallas showed what to do on tape. Blitz and play bump and run. There isn't many teams who dont bump and run at least sometimes. Saying Jacobs wasn't there against Dallas is officially no excuse, because Ward is the one who ran all up and down our asses this game. He was there against the Cowboys. (Yeah, I know we was missing Kemo and Lewis, a big part). Its lthis stubborn attitude we will continue to do this over and over

The style of blitzing that Dallas employed only works when you've neutralized the run game by either continuing to hold them for low gains, or getting ahead in the score enough that they have to pass. Dallas got up early enough to force New York to pass rather than run, and then reaped the benefits of it. Once we were ahead 21-10, I felt we should have started moving to those types of blitzes, but apparently the coaches felt otherwise.

Didn't the Giants lose to the Pats last year in the season?

I think that while I was pissed, I didn't want to slash my wrists like it seems some have wanted to do.

Post this in the wrong topic?

Explaining how our D sucks isn't "slashing wrists."

I definitiely think that we should have been playing some man, or at least the corners. Our guys like to be aggressive and we take that away too much. Also, I really don't think their receivers are scary against man. Sure maybe they get open a few times, but they did anyway.

What pissed me off the most was the CB's. Gamble and Lucas constantly played the outside shoulder (even in tight coverage) of the receiver. This opened them up on the inside all nite. Just blows my mind when they do that. I would think (from my experience playing) if you take away the inside it's much harder to complete the quick pass. I'm not going to blame the 2 corners because I believe they are told to do this. Scheme Sucks.

Archived