• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Olsen to play in 2019?

Nate Dogg

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article226915914.html

INDIANAPOLIS 

Carolina Panthers tight end Greg Olsen could potentially be a top candidate for a coveted broadcasting job that opened up on Thursday morning.

But according to head coach Ron Rivera, Olsen has informed him that he wants to play in 2019.

The Dallas Cowboys announced on Thursday that they had re-signed tight end Jason Witten, who most recently held an analyst position on ESPN’s Monday Night Football broadcast.

That means ESPN will re-shuffle its broadcast talent, and likely search for another option to replace Witten. A league source told the Observer on Wednesday afternoon that Olsen, who had a second surgery in December to repair the right foot he originally fractured during the 2017 season, has been rehabilitating at the team’s facilities and working out on his own.

“I know this much, Greg has told me he wants to play,” said Rivera, speaking at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis on Thursday morning. “And so going forward, I’m very happy with that.”

1 minute ago, PantherNation123 said:

Clearly he will be much better than Witten, but why leave all the money he has on the table to go announce?  The job will be there whenever he decides to retire, and Witten leaving probably proves the point that you shouldn't leave too early (from his perspective), plus $$$$

It wouldnt just be leaving money on the table... it’d be giving some of his signing bonus back.

Unless Greg has lost the ability to count, he’s coming back for 2019.  

Archived