• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Soccer....

SCP

the TVs now have big black smudges on them(not all). Oh, and you have to listen to the Jukebox.

that place cold be so much better if it were managed correctly. They cant seem to even get 5 different football games on 5 tv's within 20 feet of each other in a row.

When soccer is on the tvs are on not the Jukebox. I have gone up there on a saturday or sunday to watch football and the Jukebox is blaring. That sucks. The last World Cup the place was packed for England matches. You couldn't even move it was full. We were out on the deck singing and drinking at 9 in the morning. Its worth giving a try for the World Cup.

those who think baseball is boring are the same people who can't go a day without the internet and couldn't stand in line if their life depended on it

My problem with baseball is there is 200 fuging games! Thats why it's boring to me. I can watch the playoffs all day and enjoy it. I can go to the game and enjoy it too. I have a hard time getting into a game midseason. Thats boring because you're thinking oh well they lost only a 100 more games to go. I stand in line and i never use the internet when I'm off work.

My problem with baseball is there is 200 fuging games! Thats why it's boring to me. I can watch the playoffs all day and enjoy it. I can go to the game and enjoy it too. I have a hard time getting into a game midseason. Thats boring because you're thinking oh well they lost only a 100 more games to go. I stand in line and i never use the internet when I'm off work.

MLB, NBA and NHL all suffer from this problem... that's part of it for me too... each individual regular season game just means so little that it's hard to care...

MLB, NBA and NHL all suffer from this problem... that's part of it for me too... each individual regular season game just means so little that it's hard to care...

Exactly. College bball i love. Every game means something. The NBA was great during that short season. It needs to be around 40 games a year. Last night the Cats got pounded and i was just like "oh well we can turn it around in the next 81 games". I'm a San Fran fan so the end of this year i kept up with baseball because they were in the chase for the wild card and it was exciting. Before that i could have gave a poo.

Baseball is long. No doubt. But so is work, traffic, the DMV, blah blah.

Baseball is a great game to teach you about the long term. In the 2nd inning you have to be thinking of how you will win in the 8th and 9th. Also in that thinking, you have to gameplan for using your farm system properly as well as when to send someone down and call someone up.

It's a great game for Macro junkies like myself but it's really good for teaching how to take a long term approach to things.

Baseball is 10x better live than on TV.

The reason soccer is the most popular game in the world is that poor kids can play it without having a special field or any equipment.

Hell you dont even need a ball. Kids in Cambodia can go grab a skull out of the rice paddy and use it as a ball.

for the everyday kid playing soccer I agree but I think hoops is even easier. You can have two kids play one on one.

Thats why I think baseball has waned in the Inner City because of lack of fields and you need all that equipment and you need a good # of kids to have a decent game of baseball.

Hoops. One ball and find a goal.

But since this thread is about soccer not liking it is on thing, having a total disdain that is borderline hate I don't get.

Baseball is long. No doubt. But so is work, traffic, the DMV, blah blah.

Baseball is a great game to teach you about the long term. In the 2nd inning you have to be thinking of how you will win in the 8th and 9th. Also in that thinking, you have to gameplan for using your farm system properly as well as when to send someone down and call someone up.

It's a great game for Macro junkies like myself but it's really good for teaching how to take a long term approach to things.

Your post doesn't make any sense to what we're saying. Every game is still as long as must sporting events, 3 to 4 hours. And every sport has its own kind of farm league. NBA dleague,NFL practice squad, Soccer MLS haha. Its the 162 games! Really, do you watch all 162 games? And are just as excited about those 162 games as you're about the playoffs?

Baseball is 10x better live than on TV.

The reason soccer is the most popular game in the world is that poor kids can play it without having a special field or any equipment.

Hell you dont even need a ball. Kids in Cambodia can go grab a skull out of the rice paddy and use it as a ball.

And baseball isn't? You didn't make up a baseball field in the neighborhood? Never used a stick as a bat? My family was well off and i still did that when i was a kid. I'm pretty sure you're joking here.

Archived