• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Season Ticket Pricing for Austin FC

hepcat

Just wanted to drop in and offer my experience getting season tickets for Austin's new MLS team, if it will be in any way similar to the Charlotte FC team (which I'm guessing it won't since there's already a stadium).

Austin's new stadium is being built about 15 minutes from my house so the wife and I decided to put down a $50 deposit for season tickets last summer. We completely forgot about it until we got a phone call from the team the other day telling us our window to buy tickets was open. So we got on the website to pick seats and everything decent was already picked over. Apparently there was a "premium deposit" of $100 that would have gotten us an earlier window. There were some obstructed view seats in a few decent areas still open, so we decided to sleep on it and checked in the next morning. Miraculously, there were two great seats on the back row of the center left lower bowl that we snapped up right away. The customer rep on the phone was shocked those seats were open so late in the window. They were the most expensive tier of seats (about $900 per seat) but considering Austin is such a crazy market for everything right now, and no other professional sports teams in town, we figured we could probably re-sell the tickets to most games at a profit. The location of the stadium is right in the middle of a bunch of corporate offices and a huge shopping center, and they plan to add a train line stop at the stadium, so demand will be there. Now I just hope the 2021 season actually happens.

Archived