• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why Winning Now Will Cost Us About 15 Years

SaltnPepper

14 minutes ago, SaltnPepper said:

That's right. But to prove my point of controlling your own destiny. 

If the Panthers had taken him like they should have looking back then KC never gets him and Andy Reid continues to be the best coach to never win a Superbowl. 

In order for Andy to take him 9 other teams had to make the mistake of not taking him. Andy got lucky.

I prefer to limit the amount of variables in my life. I like to control as much of my destiny as possible. 

Dude, it’s all luck. You really can’t control your own destiny in this league. That’s a fantasy.

NO ONE except the chiefs GM saw anything special in Mahomes. Even Andy admitted he didn’t see it.

The Seahawks passed on Wilson twice before picking him up. 

The thing that nearly all teams that find an Elite QB in the lower to later rounds is they are a solid franchise with a good culture.

The thing that tanks nearly all #1 picks is they go to a bad team that has never learned to win.

We are in better shape if we establish a winning culture now.

This stuff isn’t predictable. TL may end up being great but the historical odds are that he won’t and will have an average career. Remember, he’s going to spend his career competing with Joe (if the bengals don’t ruin Him), Tua (if Miami doesn’t ruin him), Mahomes, etc. 

Can Teddy win it all. Prob not. Let’s build a sustained culture until we find our guy. 

That will prob take years, but building a strong culture is the closest you can get to controlling your destiny.

6 minutes ago, SaltnPepper said:

I'd take the Panthers job for free if I only got to be in charge of players.

Someone else can deal with contracts, cap and all the  minutiae

Lol...So if you went back in time you would have dumped Cam and drafted Mahomes? 

20 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Dude, it’s all luck. You really can’t control your own destiny in this league. That’s a fantasy.

NO ONE except the chiefs GM saw anything special in Mahomes. Even Andy admitted he didn’t see it.

The Seahawks passed on Wilson twice before picking him up. 

The thing that nearly all teams that find an Elite QB in the lower to later rounds is they are a solid franchise with a good culture.

The thing that tanks nearly all #1 picks is they go to a bad team that has never learned to win.

We are in better shape if we establish a winning culture now.

This stuff isn’t predictable. TL may end up being great but the historical odds are that he won’t and will have an average career. Remember, he’s going to spend his career competing with Joe (if the bengals don’t ruin Him), Tua (if Miami doesn’t ruin him), Mahomes, etc. 

Can Teddy win it all. Prob not. Let’s build a sustained culture until we find our guy. 

That will prob take years, but building a strong culture is the closest you can get to controlling your destiny.

I don't know about you but I don't have years left. I'd rather take calculated shots now vs playing a small ball game that might never pay off.

Small ball is low risk low reward.

17 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Lol...So if you went back in time you would have dumped Cam and drafted Mahomes? 

It wouldn't have been dumping it would have been an insurance pick against his first injury which occurred before PM was drafted. 

Sit Patrick and if I don't see progress from Cam dump him.

Almost like what the Chargers did with Breese. 

2 hours ago, SaltnPepper said:

I don't know about you but I don't have years left. I'd rather take calculated shots now vs playing a small ball game that might never pay off.

Small ball is low risk low reward.

Is it really small ball?

When was the last time a team really tanked for a top QB and had it pay off? There’s a reason it doesn’t.

Archived