• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers more likely to trade down now?

Zod

11 hours ago, cardiackat88. said:

This has been my exact Madden strategy for years.

Trade down as much as possible, draft as much potential as possible, and pay as little as possible. Sign all of them to max years with no bonus to be cut at any time.

When there rookie contract is in its final year, trade them for more picks.

Rinse, repeat.

I posted my fantasy football cred here a few months ago, close to 15 years about 40 leagues deep in football. Many different type of leagues/systems/numbers. I averaged 3 out 12 finishing. My trophy room is full of 1sts and if not for 2 leagues where I got locked out of Id have more. One league was locked right after the draft and another I was winning with 3 weeks to go, commish locked me out. Yahoo told me to pound sand, commish runs the league.

Anyway, I have changed very little in my system since year one. I do pay VERY close attention to rules and go form there. One newer thing I added starting in about year 5, was the later in the draft picking the higher Id go upside. I noticed you drop/add close to half your roster(depends on rules/league/numbers/etc). And if you hit a stud in round 6-10ish, it does wonders for your team. I start off by drafting a proven rock aka circle of trust in the 1st and the scale slides toward upside as the draft ages. Worked out great, given my results. Recently Ive had to change my TE beliefs, I normally wait unless a guy I like is falling mid-rounds. 

With the panthers it heavily depends on the current draft class, ALL draft class are very different. Some years its heavy WRs form cream to late round gems. Lineman strong etc. Some drafts do not alige with your needs, others land like a 10/10 Olympic event. Fitterer has a HUGE project with this 2021 panther group. By my mind he needs around 25 players, you can not fill that in one year. I hope panther fans understand this, starting 2022 judgement can start, but fans will not care. 

Archived