• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A case for Tyler Thigpen

Ricky Spanish

Wow, number 1 I was talking about Brady and I didn't say it was the biggest gamble I said it was the best move in History drafting him. A 6th round pick who is in the conversation as to who is the best QB to every lace them up that was a great decision. Who is the rookie that he couldn't unseat? Pat White who is only number 2 because of the wildcat/play/formations he is used for or Henne who isn't a rookie. If Henne was to get hurt Thigpen would start most likely.

Didn't you say that the biggest gamble was picking a quarterback late in the draft after he didn't start a game in college? That applies to Cassel but surely not Brady. He started for 2 years for Michigan and was a Big ten pick both years. Brady wasn't that big a gamble picking him up or playing him. The fact that he surpassed everyone's expectations including his own is well documented.

White is a rookie which is what I said and Henne played in 3 games last year. Thigpen played in 16 and started 11. It is possible that Thigpen would start but given that this is only speculation it hardly seems worth arguing over.

Didn't you say that the biggest gamble was picking a quarterback late in the draft after he didn't start a game in college? That applies to Cassel but surely not Brady. He started for 2 years for Michigan and was a Big ten pick both years. Brady wasn't that big a gamble picking him up or playing him. The fact that he surpassed everyone's expectations including his own is well documented.

White is a rookie which is what I said and Henne played in 3 games last year. Thigpen played in 16 and started 11. It is possible that Thigpen would start but given that this is only speculation it hardly seems worth arguing over.

Damn got my stories mixed up. Now that I think about I do remember hearing about how Brady and McNabb played against each other in college (during pre Super Bowl hype). But I never said gamble I was just respecting the move to draft Brady when every team had passed him up at least a couple of times (the Pats included).

Archived