• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Boston beats Rangers today! Tie Breaker Question

Panthers Fan 69

9 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Let’s say the hurricanes and the Rangers finish with a split series 2 and two. And we’re tied with points. What goes to the second tiebreaker?

The series isn't the first tie breaker bud, first tie breaker is regulation wins the second tie breaker is regulation and overtime wins... (does not include shootout wins).

4 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

They would need to win out, and us lose out without any OT/shootout losses if I'm looking at thus right meaning the only way for them to win the division is to have more points. 

That’s my question. Been a hockey fan a long time. First time my canes have been in this weird tie breaker situation I can remember. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

That’s my question. Been a hockey fan a long time. First time my canes have been in this weird tie breaker situation I can remember. 

Well they changed the rules not to long ago because teams were complaining about shootout wins having the same "weight" (and let's be honest they were right).

• Pie 1