• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Might need a new computer

PanthersFanNY

Yea I was being kind of subjective in the whole "top of the line" thing. Always buy whatever is 1-2 steps below the current peak and save tons of $$$ while not really noticing the difference (unless you're concerned with having a drop off of 20-30 FPS out of your 100+ score).

one other thing i can tell you to do is a proper reinstall of the OS if you have the disk. Make sure you know how to do this before you try it. Google it if you dont know. You won't loose any files reinstalling it.

Edit: I believe you don't hit R when it first appears. On this screen here: http://www.raymond.cc/images/repair-windows-xp-screen1.png , press enter and then R if it gives you that option. I believe what happened to you over the summer is you pressed R on the first screen, correct?

Most likely won't fix your issue since you just tried something like this over the summer, but worth a try doing it the proper way.

...or if you don't mind stealing from microsoft.

But I do agree reinstalling your OS is a sure fire way to fix the problem if it's a software issue. If you reinstall and you still have problems then you know it's the hardware.

one other thing i can tell you to do is a proper reinstall of the OS if you have the disk. Make sure you know how to do this before you try it. Google it if you dont know. You won't loose any files reinstalling it.

Edit: I believe you don't hit R when it first appears. On this screen here: windows-xp-installation-first-screen.png , press enter and then R if it gives you that option. I believe what happened to you over the summer is you pressed R on the first screen, correct?

Most likely won't fix your issue since you just tried something like this over the summer, but worth a try doing it the proper way.

new working link

Archived