• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offensive line depth

Stuart Smith

I have not been able to watch the younger offensive line play as many of you have. I have read the opinions of several writers on some of our younger linemen. Zavala, Jensen, Mays come to mind. Is Deonte Brown ever going to have the ability to give some positive minutes? Thoughts on Left tackle? If Ekwonu regresses or regresses do we slide Christensen over to LT? Jensen played tackle and guard in college, could he be a someone like Brady Christensen who plays himself into a major role? I guess these sound like rhetorical questions, but I wondered if anyone had similar thoughts. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• I'm left with two possible conclusions here. One, Reich just saw a sucker in Tepper and hit him up for a check to ride into retirement on. Two, Reich took the job expecting a different QB to be the pick probably through his influence of the draft process. He and Bryce seemed like a major mismatch from the get go. Unless he was just looking for one last payday I really don't think he would've taken the job if he felt like Bryce would ultimately be the pick. There was a lot of talk about Reich always preferring QBs with good size and big arms. Now granted, all else being equal who doesn't? But it was always talked about that Bryce was basically the physical antithesis of what Reich had historically preferred at QB. Hell, maybe it was a little bit of both. I can get this newbie owner to give me a pile of money based on my experience because his woefully inexperienced coach flopped horribly and then hopefully I can influence the draft process to get the QB I want. If not, oh well. At least I got paid! LOL
    • I don't think it's very accurate at all overall IMO. I just think back to the Cam era. Madden had to incorporate read option in order to even begin to replicate the Panthers' offense but there were only a handful of read option plays in the playbook. Realistically, I bet at a third of our passing plays in those days involved some aspect of read option and a third might be conservative.
    • Well that's the problem. What's "good enough" at this juncture? Have we not learned anything from our Carolina Panthers in this area? I don't see us getting a proper return value right now with the rest of the NBA knowing our predicament. Look at what the Pelicans have dealt with in relation to Zion. The best path is to revisit this next year where there is a high probability his value will increase with improvement under Charles Lee. The biggest variable is the question of how much he will actually play. We just have to wait and see. I know one thing. The NBA better give us minimum another top 3 pick.