• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

GM league

Henne Given Sunday

Yeah the GM league here is pretty ridiculous. I mean, I'm the Rams and I traded a late 5th round pick for Desmond Clark from the Bears and that's the only half way decent trade I've even been offered. Where the Chargers don't really have a team anymore.

Well thanks I'm the bears. Yeah ours has gotten a tad ridicuous. Every one of my trades I believe where in the realm of possibliity. I mean I haven't even tried to trade Cutler, just like the Bears wouldn't be doing only after 1 year with all they gave up.

Speaking of what they gave up, Phinisher, I didn't have a 1st or 2nd so don't complain. I know have 2 2nds and 2 3rds and I beileve overall my team has about the same or more talent already. Thanks to the Chargers mainly.

iam the panthers GM in a leauge iam in at thephins.com

its almost trading time.

i got this offer from the cardinals gm....

boldin, early doucet, antrelle rolle for gross and a 3rd.....

whatcha think?

also i got offered mark sanchez and dustin keller for stewart and a 4th

opinions?

I'd rip there arm off if they handed me that deal. A great #2 WR, Doucet who I think has potential, and let meeks take Antrel Rolle's talent and mold it. And all this for a LT who is coming off major season ending surgery and turns 30 by next season (still young for an Olineman but isn't getting younger). Not to mention a 3rd.

Over the last couple of weeks of the season I saw a great coach cover up the weaknesses of a very depleted unit (missing both tackles). It takes a good coach to cover up how lousy our pass blocking was, I know on several occasions Swartz completely being blown by by a DE yet some body always pick him (at least on the plays I am referring to).

I have faith that they could get a guy in the draft to coach into a solid LT and let Wharton stay there for a year or two until hes ready. Or find a FA to plug in for a year or two (don't laugh thats how we found Vincent).

In other words if I was Hurney, hell to the yeah (got that out of my system) I would take that deal.

i dont know much about him.....but i was offered ricky williams and a 6th for a 4th and mike goodson

good move?

Depends on what kind of a league is it. If its a single year type of deal (Like ours) maybe. But if its something you do long term, I would say no. Williams is at the age where you start to see a level of production drop off (it would have been earlier if not for the missing a time on his lunny trip).

Goodson has talent and one heck of an Oline in front of him and I could see us using him in the slot some this year. Not to mention you would have to give up 2 rounds of positions. If it were straight up I would say definitely (single year).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived