• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fallout: New Vegas

WildBill559

I just can't bring myself to like Bethesda games since Daggerfall. I'm not sure why, Fallout 3 was ok I guess but as an avid fan of the first two I just couldn't appreciate it.

yea, 3 at times felt like a user generated oblivion mod to me. not to say i didn't enjoy it but bethesda just didn't quite "get it."

I'm fine with that. I know Oblivion gets crap about the combat and main quest line, but I got plenty of hours out of that game. They really kicked off the next gen RPG experience.

The combat will certainly be improved by then, so they just need to write the main quest line as good as they did guild quests. That's a lot of content that some people ignored. BioWare does a better job of bringing it all together. I think they already improved with Fallout 3 though, so I'm not worried.

I can't imagine someone trashing Oblivion, yet never experiencing the thieves guild. Same goes with the assassin's, but thieves was definitely my highlight. My filthy Khajiit is ready for more.

Man I can't wait for another Elder Scrolls. My favorite RPG series by far. Hopefully they won't fug it up like they did Oblivion.

Thanks, some interesting quotes. ;)

# New Vegas is not just free-roaming gameplay attached to a linear main story, but it weaves decision into the gameworld and gives you greater power to influence things than Fallout 3 did.

# Sawyer says that Fallout: New Vegas is to Fallout 3 what Vice City is to Grand Theft Auto III

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so glad that some of the original fallout 1 & 2 team are doing this, I'm super amped for this game.

They've kept a lot of stuff from the Van Buren game...Seems like it's basically going to be the same game with some new ideas and game play mechanics thrown on top of it. I mean they had the whole map down on that game, the whole story arc and everything. Same factions fighting it out in this one as what was planned in Van Buren as well. Which is perfectly fine with me, Looks like its going to kick ass and be what I expected from fallout 3 plus more.

The mag shots above look awesome as well, thanks for posting those.

Archived