• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A more fair statement...

Zod

i didnt know horses talked?

A horse is a horse, of course, of course,

And no one can talk to a horse of course

That is, of course, unless the horse is the famous Mr. Ed.

Go right to the source and ask the horse

He'll give you the answer that you'll endorse.

He's always on a steady course.

Talk to Mr. Ed.

People yakkity yak a streak and waste your time of day

But Mister Ed will never speak unless he has something to say.

A horse is a horse, of course, of course,

And this one'll talk 'til his voice is hoarse.

You never heard of a talking horse?

Well listen to this.

I am Mister Ed.

I agree with many of the things said... but I have to add...threats are threats and never was any one of them even remotely acted upon! Easy to say from thousands of miles away...but like posted earlier...he threatened, but he always came back to the huddle and it never took long for most to figure out it was him!!!! His threats were also surrounded by very generous offerings at tailgates....weird combination!

I agree with many of the things said... but I have to add...threats are threats and never was any one of them even remotely acted upon! Easy to say from thousands of miles away...but like posted earlier...he threatened, but he always came back to the huddle and it never took long for most to figure out it was him!!!! His threats were also surrounded by very generous offerings at tailgates....weird combination!

And a sign of a troubled person.

Not going to say that Clifton fits in this category, but there have been abusive parents and spouses about whom you'll hear their victims say that he or she "was capable of being very loving sometimes".

As Walt Garrison used to say, "people are funny critters".

Hawk - you were a part of him telling you that he was driving down to Charlotte to kick Zod's ass when in the altercation with me. He called you and told you he was going to do so. I still have all of the IMs around that situation. You may have talked him out of it but you had told me he called to tell you that.

Regardless of generosity, threatening someone like that overrides any so-called goodness.

Some of those threads were deleted, some were lost in the crash.

He had no respect for boundaries or authority. As others have commented in the "funny memories" thread, he probably did warn the cops what he would do if they came in but to me that isn't funny - the cops had the right to be there. If he were killing himself due to illness, he wouldn't have done so in front of the cops. I feel for the cops who witnessed it.

I agree with you Robyn...and as I totally agree to...he was a very troubled man. My point is...he talked alot about threats but never once did anything even remotely close to following through. It's not going to make a difference to those that were threatened, we'll all have our own opinions...I'm just saying...a threat is nothing more than a threat if there is NEVER any actions taken!

Archived