• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game 54: Bobcats @ Bucks

HeatCheck

Tonight's game is a critical one between the 8th seeded Bobcats and the 9th seeded Bucks in Milwaukee. As fans and surely as players know, you can never get too high or too low on yourself. It is a long season and the loss to the Nets was quickly erased from our memory with a win vs. Cleveland. The Bobcats now face the Bucks and can't have a let down after a big win last night. This is the 4th time the Bobcats will face the Bucks having won 2 of 3 already this season.

Projected Lineups

Bobcats

30_medium.png

PG Felton

SG Jackson

SF Wallace

PF Diaw

C Mohammed

Bucks

bucks_45.gif

PG Jennings

SG Bell

SF Delfino

PF Mbah a Moute

C Bogut

Game is at 8:30 on SportSouth.

Excellent work RadioKiller. I truly believe last night's game wont define us, it'll be these games that do. Going up against lesser teams like the Bucks, Nets, Sixers, etc we need to bring our A game and get the job done. To everybody who requested an avy in the other thread, I got you sometime today. GO BOBCATS!!!

Looks like there was no one there for that game. Bradley Center is a very nice arena.

Salmons had a great debut last night, hopefully we can slow them down. Go Cats!!!!

Salmons is a great scorer, you're right. Look what I found about the Bucks and their arena situation...

Despite being one of the premier NBA facilities when completed in 1988, the Bradley Center is currently the 4th oldest active NBA arena (tied with the Palace of Auburn Hills and ARCO Arena, which also opened in 1988), only behind Madison Square Garden (which is to undergo renovations in 2010), Oracle Arena (which has been significantly remodeled), and Izod Center (which is scheduled for replacement). The lack of modern features such as revenue-boosting club seating, high-definition video boards, state-of-the-art sound and lighting systems, along with outdated heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems, deteriorating seating, outdated event production technology, and insufficient parking around the arena, have all contributed to the Bucks being the lowest-valued team in the NBA and near the bottom in team revenue. What makes the Bradley Center unique is that it was a gift from a family without any provision for the building's long-term capital needs or annual operating expenses. While the facility is self-sufficient, Bradley Center tenants such as the Milwaukee Bucks are at a disadvantage compared with other NBA teams due to the arrangement.

Building a new, state-of-the-art downtown arena has been proposed by Bucks owner, Herb Kohl, but community reaction to a publicly-funded new arena has been mostly negative. In 2009, Wisconsin Governor Jim Doyle included a provision in the state's capital budget seeking $5 million in state bonding support to renovate the Bradley Center. The Bradley Center's board of directors told state officials that the Bradley Center needs $23 million in renovations, so they reportedly agreed to raise the remaining $18 million on their own.

pulled from wiki. Hmmmmmmm.

Bucks will be one of the first teams gone when the NBA cuts teams down in 2 years. They've never done a thing in there history.

They beat our Hornets in the 02 ( I think) semifinals in a game 7. That was a really good team with Baron, Mashburn, Maglore and a few other guys. I was also at all three home games during that eastern semi.

That was when they had the big 3 of Glen Robinson, Sam Cassel and Ray Allen.

They beat our Hornets in the 02 ( I think) semifinals in a game 7. That was a really good team with Baron, Mashburn, Maglore and a few other guys. I was also at all three home games during that eastern semi.

That was when they had the big 3 of Glen Robinson, Sam Cassel and Ray Allen.

Memories man, lol. That was the year we went, as the underdog, and steamrolled through Miami. The series against the Bucks was a good one. I get mad thinking about that one, because if we would've advanced, I know we could've beat Philly in the conference finals and made it to the Finals(we would've probably lost in the Finals to LA, though). Went down 0-2, came back and won 3 in a row to go up 3-2. I was for sure we were going to move on to the next round. Oh well, hopefully the 'Cats do better than the Hornets ever did and brings this state a championship; atleast an appearance in the conference finals.

Anyways, Bobcats need to get a W tonight. Got to beat the teams your supposed to beat. I expect this to be a low-scoring game. Bobcats should get the W tonight.

Archived