• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Colts/Bolts game thread

Skew

Why do you act as if these players intentionally make mistakes? I suppose you never fumbled one during your illustrious pro football career, huh? And you always called in the perfect play when you were coaching those Super Bowl teams right?

Yeah, because a "FACT" depends on what the person pointing it out has done...NOT. :banghead:

And no, I do not act like they "INTENTIONALLY" make mistakes, but when they keep making the same mistakes over and over again, something's off and it needs to be corrected.

If DeShaun Foster keeps fumbling the ball...do you think he's "INTENTIONALLY" doing it? Of course not, but he needs to change something.

If a Point Guard turns the ball over 3 times in a row, that's a pattern. He's going to be snatched from the game by his coach until he calms down, and be given an ear full. Was he "INTENTIONALLY" trying to turn the ball over? Of course not, but you will be pissed with him nonetheless.

If Phillip Rivers keeps wasting plays and ending up needing a 3rd and 10 because he keeps throwing 2nd and 10 to the ground after 3 seconds, something needs to change.

If Sproles fumbled the ball on the one yard line, which was a huge play in regulation, and then basically stopped himself one yard short of the first down on the last drive because he didn't have that extra burst because he didn't KNOW WHERE HE NEEDED TO GET TO, then that forces them to go into overtime where, BY CHANCE, they happened to win the coin toss. Those were big plays, doesn't mean he was doing it "INTENTIONALLY." Had they not won the coin toss, they'd probably be the ones done in the playoffs. They got a chance, Sproles made up for his mistakes.

I really couldn't care less about his stats. DeAngelo Williams had FOUR TOUCHDOWNS IN NEW YORK, and they still loss. He did the same thing in Green Bay, and without an acrobatic catch by Steve Smith, they might have lost that game too.

Big plays > stats. Just ask Drew Brees.

Indy had no field posistion to work with the entire football game. If your team is backed up within your own 10 yard line most of the game, of course your going to struggle. The coin toss in the end sure doesn't help either.

And this is why Scifres shared the horsetrailer with Sproles.

Yeah, because a "FACT" depends on what the person pointing it out has done...NOT. :banghead:

And no, I do not act like they "INTENTIONALLY" make mistakes, but when they keep making the same mistakes over and over again, something's off and it needs to be corrected.

If DeShaun Foster keeps fumbling the ball...do you think he's "INTENTIONALLY" doing it? Of course not, but he needs to change something.

If a Point Guard turns the ball over 3 times in a row, that's a pattern. He's going to be snatched from the game by his coach until he calms down, and be given an ear full. Was he "INTENTIONALLY" trying to turn the ball over? Of course not, but you will be pissed with him nonetheless.

If Phillip Rivers keeps wasting plays and ending up needing a 3rd and 10 because he keeps throwing 2nd and 10 to the ground after 3 seconds, something needs to change.

If Sproles fumbled the ball on the one yard line, which was a huge play in regulation, and then basically stopped himself one yard short of the first down on the last drive because he didn't have that extra burst because he didn't KNOW WHERE HE NEEDED TO GET TO, then that forces them to go into overtime where, BY CHANCE, they happened to win the coin toss. Those were big plays, doesn't mean he was doing it "INTENTIONALLY." Had they not won the coin toss, they'd probably be the ones done in the playoffs. They got a chance, Sproles made up for his mistakes.

I really couldn't care less about his stats. DeAngelo Williams had FOUR TOUCHDOWNS IN NEW YORK, and they still loss. He did the same thing in Green Bay, and without an acrobatic catch by Steve Smith, they might have lost that game too.

Big plays > stats. Just ask Drew Brees.

What you repeatedly fail to acknowlege is that the defense has a hand in all of that, from "wasted plays" by Rivers (hmmm... maybe his receivers were COVERED) to Sproles fumbling at the one (golly... looked to me like the defender stripped the ball out while Sproles was trying to get that extra yard into the end zone!) to Sproles being stopped a yard shy of a first down (could maybe have something to do with a 6'-ish, 230-ish lb linebacker tackling a 5'-6", 181 lb running back.)

You do nothing but bitch and moan the whole game, acting as if you alone have access to some universal knowlege of common sense, yet know one here believes you possess any. So who is right: You or everyone else?

Dude, I had to watch your clip...was too lazy until after I posted.

Great flick!

I hope you know I'm just messing with ya. You know, I always respect your opinion. I'll give you hell about being a Brady homer, but other than that, I always respect everything you have to say.

Archived