• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carowinds New Coaster (Intimidator)

Kyle82

From what it looks like to me, it's nearly identical to Apollo's Chariot - I'm betting it's better since it's newer. Supposed to last over 3 1/2 minutes - for a roller coaster, that's a long time.

Still though, Busch Gardens is a destination - Carowinds, just a fun day.

AC may be old, but it's still awesome. LOL

Yeah, I'm really not supposed to ride coasters. That's the only reason I think we'll stick with BGW. There's so much more for me to do when the family rides the coasters. I will still get on AC, though.

Other than Disney, it's one of the most beautiful parks. We've never been and not been able to ride the coasters back to back. Last year, we rode AC several times in a row. Well, I made it twice, everyone else rode it several more times. Same for Griffon. Only things with a line were Big Bad Wolf (cause they're tearing it town/have torn it down) and Curse of Dark Castle.

I really want to go back to Island of Adventure. The new Harry Potter world looks fantastic.

Went to Cedar Point, Ohio last summer, and the Top Thrill Dragster is by far the most awesome roller coaster I've ever been on. That park is one of the best in the United States, if not the. Yet, I haven't been to Carowinds in a while so I take it it has improved? I'd hope so being that they're owned by the same company.

Went to Cedar Point, Ohio last summer, and the Top Thrill Dragster is by far the most awesome roller coaster I've ever been on. That park is one of the best in the United States, if not the. Yet, I haven't been to Carowinds in a while so I take it it has improved? I'd hope so being that they're owned by the same company.

really? You liked Top Thrill better than Millennium Force? Top Thrill was fun yeah but it was short and Millennium Force was intense the whole ride.

We were so close to Cedar Point summer before last. My bro had been in a bad accident, so we had to come home asap from a rally in Michigan. We had planned to spend a day at the park, but alas it was not to be. Now I can't even ride the damned coasters there. Apollos Chariot is pushing it for me nowadays.

really? You liked Top Thrill better than Millennium Force? Top Thrill was fun yeah but it was short and Millennium Force was intense the whole ride.

Yeah but you go straight up like 400 feet and you're going so fast, it's just nuts. Though, i did ride Millennium Force numerous times.

The worst is when you're sitting there waiting to be shot off at 120 mph, the suspense is crazy haha

Other than Disney, it's one of the most beautiful parks. We've never been and not been able to ride the coasters back to back. Last year, we rode AC several times in a row. Well, I made it twice, everyone else rode it several more times. Same for Griffon. Only things with a line were Big Bad Wolf (cause they're tearing it town/have torn it down) and Curse of Dark Castle.

I really want to go back to Island of Adventure. The new Harry Potter world looks fantastic.

Big Bad Wolf GONE. Bummer.

You must be a Goldrusher or Scooby Doo type....:D

If you can handle Thunder Road or the Hurler then you can handle this little contraption!!! :cool:

I despise Thunder Road and the Hurler. I prefer to get through the day without whiplash and a severe headache thank you. They are not the least bit thrilling, just jerky (I don't like Scooby Doo either for the jerk factor). But I most definitely can do this Intimidator and love the Borg (I can never remember what they call it now).

My cell phone fell out of my pocket last year while I was on the Borg and would you believe that that found it. The battery and the back cover was gone and it definitely showed signs of a serious beating, but when I got a new battery, it worked.

Archived