• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cats' MOD Change?

Hotsauce

No, what it has to do with today is sweeping it under the rug.

Dude...that happened like...last Thursday! Let it go!

I'm just saying I don't understand what its like to grow up and mature in that type of environment. But I do know what its like to be treated like I'm less than human.

I just don't know what its like to be treated like that, day in and day out.

And it still happens to this day. Anyone that says it doesn't has their head in their ass or is the one doing it.

So lets all pretend its not part of the equation, because that will make it go away.

I understand why it pisses KT off, but me...it just makes me sick and ashamed.

I am not sweeping it under the rug. Very bad things happened IN THE PAST. There is no doubting that and I can't help that.

My father's family were French Huganauts....one of the most religiously persecuted groups in the history of the world. But, you don't hear me blaming everything bad that happens to me on this.

Continuing to blame the past is a quick and easy way to not take responsibility and accountability for your life today. It is much easier to blame someone else, than blame yourself.

All I'm trying to do is make someone stop and think for a second, or LOL.

I dunno where all the PSC hate comes from.

Oh yeah, its from the think part. People hate to think.

But its the stuff you learn AFTER you know it all that's really important.

I don't know if you're attributing the PSC hate to me, but I've hardly done any hating on you or anyone in this thread...

Yes, lets forget history so we will be doomed to repeat it.

Nothing like a good whitewash to take the old stains out of a broken down fence. (See what I did there?)

40 years in the course of human history is literally less than a drop in a bucket. May as well say it happened 30 seconds ago.

How is blaming everything bad that happens to you today on something that happened 100 years ago helping anything. It isn't.

You don't forget history....you just can't blame it for everything.

How is blaming everything bad that happens to you today on something that happened 100 years ago helping anything. It isn't.

You don't forget history....you just can't blame it for everything.

Oh, now its 100 years ago.

Damn, and I thought it was just a couple months ago when a Louisiana Magistrate decided he wouldn't marry interracial couples.

So are you persecuted today because of your ancestry?

I am not saying that.

I am just trying to say that everything bad that happens to you is not some conspiracy to keep the Black Man Down.

Is there racism still today....absolutely.

Is it the reason for every failure of a minority today....absolutely not.

I am not hating on anyone....not even KT. I have no idea what he has been though or seen in his life. He may have been the recipient of horrible racial persecution. If he was, we should all be ashamed of it.

All I am saying is that as long as we blame everything on the past, we will never move forward from it.

We need to understand what happened....learn from what happened...but also move forward from what happened.

There will always be ignorant redneck hicks who hate African Americans because of the color. There will also be ignorant and bitter African Americans who hate whites because of the past.

There is almost no help for these groups. I only hope that the rest of us find a way to move forward.

I am not saying that.

I am just trying to say that everything bad that happens to you is not some conspiracy to keep the Black Man Down.

Is there racism still today....absolutely.

Is it the reason for every failure of a minority today....absolutely not.

It certainly exists and stacks the deck against them.

But I'm also one of the people that will point to the US as the major bastion of civil rights movements and radical change to an institutionalized system that has ever existed.

I can't think of many countries in the course of human history where those that were considered beneath the controlling race won their independence and status in the same way.

And using it as a crutch only makes the situation worse for everyone involved, absolutely.

But I know for a fact there are businesses operating in Charlotte, NC where certain minorities will not ever be considered for employment under any circumstances.

Not major corporations, that would be illegal. They have to keep their employee base small to circumvent the laws.

It certainly exists and stacks the deck against them.

But I'm also one of the people that will point to the US as the major bastion of civil rights movements and radical change to an institutionalized system that has ever existed.

I can't think of many countries in the course of human history where those that were considered beneath the controlling race won their independence and status in the same way.

And using it as a crutch only makes the situation worse for everyone involved, absolutely.

But I know for a fact there are businesses operating in Charlotte, NC where certain minorities will not ever be considered for employment under any circumstances.

Not major corporations, that would be illegal. They have to keep their employee base small to circumvent the laws.

Well, if I knew who that businesses were...I would be at the front of the line picketing their asses.

Archived