• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Opening Day Trout Saturday

House

Cherokee is nice this time of year. They know how to stock a river right up there too. Davidson, Rocky Broad, Green River, and Horse Pature Rivers have all been really poor on opening day the last few years.

Cherokee is nice this time of year. They know how to stock a river right up there too. Davidson, Rocky Broad, Green River, and Horse Pature Rivers have all been really poor on opening day the last few years.

those are all classic kayaking rivers! ahah...

I want to take a stab at throwing some spinning lures for trout. ive got the license and gear, but ive never even tried. Only trout fishing ive ever done was in Idaho on the Snake.

those are all classic kayaking rivers! ahah...

I want to take a stab at throwing some spinning lures for trout. ive got the license and gear, but ive never even tried. Only trout fishing ive ever done was in Idaho on the Snake.

If you ever make it up to the mountians, give me a shout. I'll take you out and show you how its done. Everyone preaches about the "sanctity of fly fishing", but there is nothing funner than having a trout hit a spinner.

That is were we are going to be. I would rather go somewere else but one of the guys we are going with has no waders. So, being the nice guy that I am, instead of leaving him behind we are going to Chimney Rock.

I am hoping that the down economy and the shitty fishing the last few years will discourage some from making the trip. I doubt it though.

That is were we are going to be. I would rather go somewere else but one of the guys we are going with has no waders. So, being the nice guy that I am, instead of leaving him behind we are going to Chimney Rock.

I am hoping that the down economy and the pooty fishing the last few years will discourage some from making the trip. I doubt it though.

I'm hoping for better fishing and less crowd, too. Maybe we'll see you up there.

I'm hoping for better fishing and less crowd, too. Maybe we'll see you up there.

I will probably be the guy stabbing the dude with the 9 ft. catfish rod hooked up with a double aught hook and a bobber bigger than my head.

Really though, I am hoping that because it is Easter weekend some people will stay away. If you see a charcoal gray dodge truck parked on the side of the road, that is me. Just yell "Erik", always happy to hold court with a fellow angler and a Panther fan to boot.

Archived