• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

An informative interview about the Bobcats

King Taharqa

Same place its been going, up and up.

Well, other than the Ham Biscuit experiment, and I really wanted the guy to do well.

Jordan is just saying what people want to hear, and I'd be very surprised if there were any kind of major changes, other than Larry Brown and his player carousel. Just some tweaks and nudges in other areas.

It's virtually impossible to replicate what Charlotte did for its very first professional sports team. The city has matured since then and the kind of blindly loyal support that team enjoyed simply by virtue of being first is not something we'll ever experience - or want to experience.

This is what I've been saying for years. People keep talking about how the Hornets packed it in and how people thew Shinn a parade. It was all there was! People need to be realistic about this team. All things considered, I think ownership is doing a fine job.

i think it was closer to 7 million but if ray turned that much down he is going to kick himself cause i don't see him getting over that amount. Jameer Nelson's contract is a good barometer(5 yrs 30 million) didn't get that much plus he has atleast made one all star team

I want Felton to stay, but I think it was best for Ray to turn the deal down. He can break someone’s bank this year...

A lot of teams have cleared a lot of salary cap and are ready to spin this off season. Ray is the top FA PG IMO... Meaning lack of supply, a lot of free cash, means inflated contracts this off season. Teams who don't get the all stars will have to go out and get players to satisfy their fan base... so players like felton will benefit from this greatly. Also the teams who do sign superstars will also need to go get supporting talent to please them... any team needing as pg will look towards felton.

I hope we can keep him, but I am having a hard time seeing it happen. If it's about the $$$ for him I'm sure there will be a few teams who will out spend us for him.

I want Felton to stay, but I think it was best for Ray to turn the deal down. He can break someone’s bank this year...

A lot of teams have cleared a lot of salary cap and are ready to spin this off season. Ray is the top FA PG IMO... Meaning lack of supply, a lot of free cash, means inflated contracts this off season. Teams who don't get the all stars will have to go out and get players to satisfy their fan base... so players like felton will benefit from this greatly. Also the teams who do sign superstars will also need to go get supporting talent to please them... any team needing as pg will look towards felton.

I hope we can keep him, but I am having a hard time seeing it happen. If it's about the $$$ for him I'm sure there will be a few teams who will out spend us for him.

i don't think you will have to worry about this unless he doesn't want to be here. alot of the teams with cap space are not contenders or don't need a point guard. even if they miss on their top target several teams have point guards they could move. the warriors are probably going to move monte ellis and go with curry, minnesota has 3 point guards they can move and john wall is expected to go top 3 in the draft. i love ray but he is not the type of player who gets you over the hump unless you have the right pieces around him

Jordan is just saying what people want to hear, and I'd be very surprised if there were any kind of major changes, other than Larry Brown and his player carousel. Just some tweaks and nudges in other areas.

This is how I feel. Jordan will be more "diplomatic" and "visible" than our founder, but at the end of the day I dont expect wide sweeping changes with this organization. Basketball operations should remain the same anyway. On the marketing side I think they will be more aggressive, but its a 2 way street. The Bobs have been making strides and correcting issues, but the community can do their part too and meet them halfway at times.

I like Mr.Thompson and I think the Bobs need to let him do more interviews and such with the public. He seems very genuine, and always elaborates on issues CLEARLY and seems very knowledgeable about the public's concerns with the Bobs.

This is how I feel. Jordan will be more "diplomatic" and "visible" than our founder, but at the end of the day I dont expect wide sweeping changes with this organization. Basketball operations should remain the same anyway. On the marketing side I think they will be more aggressive, but its a 2 way street. The Bobs have been making strides and correcting issues, but the community can do their part too and meet them halfway at times.

I like Mr.Thompson and I think the Bobs need to let him do more interviews and such with the public. He seems very genuine, and always elaborates on issues CLEARLY and seems very knowledgeable about the public's concerns with the Bobs.

completely agree one of the few changes i would like to see are making the alt. logo the main one and alt black or silver jerseys

Archived