• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stephen Strasburg

Johnny Rockets

Does he live up to the hype?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Does he live up to the hype?

• Yes
    • Has a good career but not what it was hyped up to be.
    • No, he is the next Mark Prior
    • I hate baseball because I have the IQ of a rock. Go Panthers!

There's almost no way he lives up to the amount of hype he gets. I hope he's a good pitcher, because good baseball in DC is good for baseball, but to live up to the hype he's getting he'd have to be a first-ballot HOF'er.

Strasburg mania is in full effect. The building I work in is right on top of a metro stop. I just went across the street to the bank and saw 6 people heading down the escalator all wearing Strasburg shirts/jerseys. Normally I'm lucky to spot one Nats hat or shirt the entire day on game days.

Tommy Hanson was a false prophet, how could I have been so blind?

The true Messiah has arrived and his name is Stephen Strasburg.

All I need to know is what color clothing to wear and the location of the Compound in which his followers will live. When he tells me to drink the Kool Aide, I shall be the first in line.

Strikes out the last 7 people he faced. Pretty sure I saw him hit 142 mph on the radar gun. Kid sure did meet/exceed expectations tonight.......now will it continue?

Garrett Jones takes him deep. Pirates lose lead in 5th and kid gets his first win. Ya heard it here first.

WOW CLose....

It was the next spot in the order, Delwyn Young that took him deep and it was the 6th when Pitt gave up the runs. Now if the bullpen doesn't blow it the trifecta will be complete. Good Job, Bubba.

WOW CLose....

It was the next spot in the order, Delwyn Young that took him deep and it was the 6th when Pitt gave up the runs. Now if the bullpen doesn't blow it the trifecta will be complete. Good Job, Bubba.

Was thinking the same thing when Pitt gave up those runs. Props to bubbadawg.......unfortunately he knows his Pirates.

I know it is just his first game, but it is obvious why so many people of touted him the way they have. His arsenal of pitchers is filthy. The other scary thing is that he knows how to pitch at such a young. Having Pudge calling the game for him is huge though. Exciting to have this kid in the league for sure. It was awesome to see that stadium rocking like that......looked like a damn playoff game.

I know it is just his first game, but it is obvious why so many people of touted him the way they have. His arsenal of pitchers is filthy. The other scary thing is that he knows how to pitch at such a young. Having Pudge calling the game for him is huge though. Exciting to have this kid in the league for sure. It was awesome to see that stadium rocking like that......looked like a damn playoff game.

Now all he has to do is keep it up and keep filling the seats so the Nationals can afford to outbid the Yankees when he inevitably tests free agency.

Now all he has to do is keep it up and keep filling the seats so the Nationals can afford to outbid the Yankees when he inevitably tests free agency.

They should use the money Strasburg is bringing in and sign Oswalt and really get momentum going and build a strong, loyal fanbase. Of course, if that don't work out it could really hurt them financially and in their farm system. I doubt Oswalt would come cheap.

They should use the money Strasburg is bringing in and sign Oswalt and really get momentum going and build a strong, loyal fanbase. Of course, if that don't work out it could really hurt them financially and in their farm system. I doubt Oswalt would come cheap.

You're assuming the Astros owner and GM are concerned about the future. :nono:

Archived