• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mortal Kombat

Acewalker

Anybody play it yet?

Yeah, I've had it for awhile. The game is decent. I played through the story mode and it was a fun experience. Nothing artistic but not as mind numbing as most other game story modes these days. You get to enjoy the characters as you remembered them with a few new twists thrown in.

There's also Challenge Tower mode where you do various tasks. A few examples are complete a fatality, complete a brutality move, avoid being hit for 30 seconds, complete all special moves in 30 seconds, etc. This mode is fun and adds replay value while teaching you basic aspects of the game. Wish more fighting games had modes like this. There is also a fatality mode where you get to practice and learn the fatalities in the game. Really fun for when your with friends who only wanna see fatalities.

Solid presentation all around. They also have a mode where you can read character bios so there's plenty to do.

The actual gameplay is fun to me, but I don't consider my self a professional gamer. I haven't played online any and mainly like learning various moves and performing fatalities.

This game is sick nasty.

I play competitively in most fighting games, but never a Mortal Kombat before. It's pretty balanced so far, but as people start breaking the game I wouldn't be surprised if some characters end up being hot garbage.

Kung Lao has been good in all the MKs, so yaye. I've got a 71% corner combo (w/ X-Ray), which is hilarious. I saw 81% against Sheeva O_O

Graphics are great, the fatalities are bruuuutal. Some are bad, but man... some are pretty awesome :D

On Chapter 4 of the Story mode. Getting pretty annoyed with it. It's awesome don't get me wrong, but there are WAAAAY too many 2-1 fights where you are the 1.

On the main menu go to options and set it to Beginner mode.

Then spam grab (R1 on PS3, probably the right trigger on 360) repeatedly. That worked for me. I died on a few matches though.

And whenever you fight Shao Kahn, run away from him until he taunts and then attack. Rinse and repeat.

On the main menu go to options and set it to Beginner mode.

Then spam grab (R1 on PS3, probably the right trigger on 360) repeatedly. That worked for me. I died on a few matches though.

And whenever you fight Shao Kahn, run away from him until he taunts and then attack. Rinse and repeat.

">

So basically it is impossible to beat Goro in this game. All he does are ground pounds, so there is no way to even get the fug up.

And yes I lowered the difficulty for this fight and I'm still getting pummeled, the fact that I have to fight with Liu Kang doesn't help either.

Plus his fugin X-Ray does 50% damage, awesome just fugin awesome.

EDIT: Just beat him.......lol

So basically it is impossible to beat Goro in this game. All he does are ground pounds, so there is no way to even get the fug up.

And yes I lowered the difficulty for this fight and I'm still getting pummeled, the fact that I have to fight with Liu Kang doesn't help either.

Plus his fugin X-Ray does 50% damage, awesome just fugin awesome.

EDIT: Just beat him.......lol

I hate how grabs don't work against some characters.

I just spammed fireball with liu kang in the fight iirc.

Archived