• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mortal Kombat

Acewalker

Shao khan is a fuging bitch. I'm at the end of the story mode and I can't beat this fuger. It doesn't help that I have to use Raiden, who I am not familiar with...I never really used him in the other games either. You can't throw him. He interrupts my combos. If I teleport he usually hits me almost immediately upon reappearing. I'm almost to the point of giving this poo up. Too bad I can't change the difficulty to easy now.

Got 4th at a tournament over the weekend after only playing the game for an hour :lol: By the end of the night I had a monstrous win streak going.

So far the game seems fairly balanced. I love how there is an option for everything. Getting beat out by a lot of sweeps and crouching jabs? Cross up jump kick into combo. Is your opponent zoning you? Characters have options to get around it.

The amount of effort that went into balancing this game is amazing. For instance, Smoke has an overhead that leads to solid damage, but he doesn't get any big damage off of his lows. Kung Lao, on the other hand, doesn't have any overheads that lead into combos, but he has a low that can lead into a combo for significant damage and he has safe pressure strings to keep in on the opponent.

So fun :D

It took a few times for me to beat Shao khan on medium difficulty also. I just kept timing my jumps until I could hit him with an uppercut and eventually he is defeated. I use the same strategy with the other fighters on the fight ladder too.

I'm talking about story mode. As I remember it, Shao Khan wasn't nearly as tough in the ladder as he was in the story mode. I've tried about an hour so far, off and on, and I haven't even beaten him one round yet. I've had him down to where I would have won a round if I would have hit him with a two or three hit combo though.

I've been on other boards and tried some advice that I've seen but nothing works. Examples:

Keep your distance and use lightning---Shao Khan will not let you keep your distance for long and if he does he spams the hammer and spear at you, so that even if you do manage to hit him, he hits you too and does more damage in the process.

Use teleport to get to his back and use uppercuts.--no dice here either. It might work once or twice a round but the damage you take in return when he inevitably blocks you outweights any damage you might do from an uppercut.

Another problem I've seen with him is that once he brings his hammer out my attacks barely do any damage and my attacks don't interrupt his. In fact if he starts glowing green at any time, he is pretty much invincble for the duration...i.e. when he brings the hammer out, shoulder charges, uppercuts, etc.

I've all but given up at this point. I guess I'm going to play with Raiden for a while until I get all of his attacks down as good as I've gotten subzero.

Archived