• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should Matt Moore feel pressured by Clausen?

Pox 08

wasn't this thread posted this morning... and it's carried over into the night hours. what's going on here? i thought we solved this debacle. Moore is gonna start, Clausen will sit... a year, maybe two... then he'll be the starter. which clearly means Moore will either be out the door or a backup, and i'm leaning towards out the door... which now means that Moore is basically playing this season to audition for a starting job elsewhere after the season ends. don't get me wrong, Matt Moore has a really nice deep ball, but Clausen's got the whole package, and he clearly showed that in Thursday nights game. it's all about consistency, and he played the exact same way at Notre Dame last year.

While I agree with the spirit of your post, there is something in here that I think is absolutely not going to happen.

No way Clausen sits two years (unless of course there is a lockout). A franchise quarterback in the making does not sit that long. Many of them start eventually their rookie seasons, albeit they usually go much higher in the draft. The days of high potential quarterbacks holding clipboards have gotten shorter and shorter... starting with Steve Young sitting for five years..to Tom Brady sitting much less... to many today sitting less than a year.

I think the Panthers will be forced to deal either Moore or Clausen at the end of the season because frankly one of them will be worth more to another franchise than they are to the Panthers especially with the dearth of pro-system talent coming out of college these days. In next year's draft you can expect a bunch of Tony Pike spread offense clones that will have height that makes scouts drool but are going to need much more time to develop.

• 5 weeks later...

The result of poor performance in all phases of the game today was the reason for the unraveling at Giants' Stadium. Big Cat Jerry needs to take Marty and John back to the Lake House for another nice chat....It gets dark up here in the hills at night...... Honestly though there should be pressure on Matt Moore..... The Giants' defense will be one of the best in the NFL if it continues to play this way.....

I'll have to agree with you on the Giants, i thought they were out of contention and i forgot about the last game in that stadium. I still would like to see him play a full season before i jump on the bandwagon but i have a feeling by week 4 it will be JC. The Front office wouldn't of been looking to trade up to the 1st round to get Clausen if they thought Moore could get it done.

I was close, off by one week.

Archived