• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nhl 11...

KillerKat

I must say that I can not wait till this comes out. This is one of the very few sports games EA has done perfectly. Over the summer I wanted a hockey game so I bought NHL '09 for 10 bucks and been hooked ever since. The play between me and the computer is always competitive. I hardly had to mess with the AI settings. Its just a really great and REALISTIC game that doesnt make me want to break things for pissing me off so badly. I also heard the new game will include the option to wear Hartford Whaler jerseys whenever you select the Hurricanes as your team to play with as well.

Heres some new features of the game:

The game, like its predecessor NHL 10, will include "over 200 gameplay refinements"[7] and other new features, including:

-Broken sticks and the ability to retain control of a stick-less player. The player will be able to kick or grab the puck, and teammates may offer their own stick as a replacement. Alternatively, the player may return to the bench for another stick.[8]

-A new physics-based engine, unlike the previous engine, which was animation-based. This ensures that each bodycheck is unique, adding to the realism of the game.[8]

-A revamped face-off system, which introduces the ability to switch between standard or reversed grips, and to push or block the faceoff opponent. Timing will remain an important part of the faceoff process.[9]

-Changes to the passing system in which passes are now triggered at the release of the trigger button, instead of the initial pull. The longer the button is held, the stronger the pass will be.[9]

-An all-new Hit Stick feature, allowing players to control the location of their hit on the opposing player. Whether a player gets hit high or low, each hit will have a different outcome, including penalties and injuries.[10]

-The new Hockey Ultimate Team (HUT) mode, where the players receives a pack of cards and uses them to build up their own team and make it the best they can. The players will earn "EA Pucks" after each game they've played in the HUT mode, whether they win or lose.[11][12]

-A new control button, the Hustle button, similar to the speed burst button of previous NHL games, but now, in NHL 11, players can use the Hustle button if they're racing for the puck, to stop the icing or to get the breakaway.[13]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHL_11

Archived