• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can we cut Richard Marshall

panthers1789

I wonder if Marshall's regression had anything to do with Tim Lewis....

and yeah, I'd get rid of Lucas before Marshall. The latter is cheaper, and younger, and if someone's going to get burnt, I'd rather it be the cheaper younger one.

Tim Lewis is far from aggressive, he's the most passive bastard in his schemeing you'll ever meet.

Marshall and Lucas are both aggressive, physical corners and can't be successful playing 15 yards off. They need to be up, bumping, hitting and using their physicality.

panthers1789 is the most stupid fan the Panthers could ask for honestly cut RICHARD MARSHALL over ken lucas. ken lucas blows assignments every single game

While I agree that talk of cutting Marshal is rather ridiculous, I would also ask how you KNOW that Lucas was blowing assignments left and right? Do you know what the play call in the huddle was? Do you know if Lucas was out of place constantly or trying to get deep late because a rookie FS was not were he was supposed to be?

I will admit that Lucas did not LOOK stellar this year but I never saw or heard any of the coaches drilling him on it. If a cover two look is called and Lucas is playing flats to deep and suddenly see's his FS standing beside a LB its going to make him look bad not the FS. A lot of times I saw Lucas with no help deep or the deep help was 10 yds away doing something else.

While I agree that talk of cutting Marshal is rather ridiculous, I would also ask how you KNOW that Lucas was blowing assignments left and right? Do you know what the play call in the huddle was? Do you know if Lucas was out of place constantly or trying to get deep late because a rookie FS was not were he was supposed to be?

I will admit that Lucas did not LOOK stellar this year but I never saw or heard any of the coaches drilling him on it. If a cover two look is called and Lucas is playing flats to deep and suddenly see's his FS standing beside a LB its going to make him look bad not the FS. A lot of times I saw Lucas with no help deep or the deep help was 10 yds away doing something else.

I don't care. Lucas did just as bad on his assignments as Godfrey, and this is Lucas's 8th year.

If you compare Ken Lucas, and Richard Marshall to each other here is what we have

RICHARD MARSHALL- 75 tackles, 4 passes defended, 2 sacks and 1 interception. Richard Marshall was in his 3rd year.

ken lucas- 60 tackles, 10 passes defended, 2 interceptions. ken lucas was in his 8th year.

SIMPLE ANSWER CUT LUCAS!!!

I don't care. Lucas did just as bad on his assignments as Godfrey, and this is Lucas's 8th year.

If you compare Ken Lucas, and Richard Marshall to each other here is what we have

RICHARD MARSHALL- 75 tackles, 4 passes defended, 2 sacks and 1 interception. Richard Marshall was in his 3rd year.

ken lucas- 60 tackles, 10 passes defended, 2 interceptions. ken lucas was in his 8th year.

Nice stats.

Although your logic is irrefutable, I will argue it for the sake of arguement.

Lets say they hire someone new where you work. Your boss asks you to take him under your wing. Now, imagine that the new guy is constantly making small mistakes and you are trying to do your job and cover for him. As a consequence your performance falters because now you are doing two jobs. Everybody you work with thinks that you are slacking so they start screaming for your head. However, your boss knows that you are actually doing two jobs at one time and keeps you in place.

Unless you can tell me that you have hard proof that it was Lucas's fault that he was out of position every time then I don't think you can rightfully say "cut Lucas, he sucks".

Just because Marshall had good stats doesn't mean poo either. He was a nickel corner, so not only was he in a better position to make tackles on run plays but he was probably thrown to a lot more.

A lot of the time that Lucas was "out of position" was on the deep ball off a play fake and he usually had NO help up top. Lucas is not the fastest DB in the game and if you take away deep help from just about any CB then it makes covering a faster WR much more difficult.

Lucas didn't play well this season yes. But he's done pretty well for the past 7 seasons. Some guys just have bad years.

And Richard Marshall is a great bump and run corner, but we just don't play like that. I think with all the new coaching changes that are about to/currently happening we shouldn't cut anyone major just yet.

marshall's special teams tackles count here too.

Although your logic is irrefutable, I will argue it for the sake of arguement.

Lets say they hire someone new where you work. Your boss asks you to take him under your wing. Now, imagine that the new guy is constantly making small mistakes and you are trying to do your job and cover for him. As a consequence your performance falters because now you are doing two jobs. Everybody you work with thinks that you are slacking so they start screaming for your head. However, your boss knows that you are actually doing two jobs at one time and keeps you in place.

Unless you can tell me that you have hard proof that it was Lucas's fault that he was out of position every time then I don't think you can rightfully say "cut Lucas, he sucks".

Just because Marshall had good stats doesn't mean sh*t either. He was a nickel corner, so not only was he in a better position to make tackles on run plays but he was probably thrown to a lot more.

A lot of the time that Lucas was "out of position" was on the deep ball off a play fake and he usually had NO help up top. Lucas is not the fastest DB in the game and if you take away deep help from just about any CB then it makes covering a faster WR much more difficult.

But you also don't cut young talent.

Cut Marshall?? BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! Are you effin serious? Is this really a topic thats being discussed? Seriously? Cut Marshall? Wait...cut Marshall? WOW! I cant believe Panther fans would want Marshall, possibly there best corner, to be cut. This one beats all the crap I see on here about Peppers!!

Heres an idea, rush more than 4 people and get some pressure on the QB, then your CB's dont have to cover for 8 seconds at a time. Im sorry, but at least Marshall is aggresive and plays with a chip on his shoulder. Ill take him all day.

Archived