• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nick Fairley will go before Dareus

unicar15

He'll go before Dareus and it won't be in the top five. Sorry for all the Dareus lovers out there we aren't taking him with the first pick and IDK if he'll even go in the top 10. Fairley is better but neither of them are top five pick worthy. Fairley might go in the top 5 but he won't be worth the pick, as not many DTs are worth that pick.

If the draft stays how the order is right now

1. Carolina - Luck

2. Detroit - Peterson

3. Cincinatti - Bowers

4. Buffalo - Mallett

5. Arizona - Amukamara

6. Denver - Fairley

7. San Fransisco - Cam Newton *

8. Minnesota (T) - Quinn (Vernon Gholston 2.0)

9. Cleveland (T) - Akeem Ayers (There is always the top 10 pick that makes you scratch your head...Ayers is good but #9 is a reach)

10. Washington (T) - Julio Jones (will have a freakish combine)

* I stuck Cam Newton in there because he'll have a freak combine and probably be the Heisman winner and a national championship QB. San Fran could opt to go with the west coast guy in Jake Locker though if they like him.

I also think that Arizona could try to leapfrog Buffalo to get Ryan Mallett IF he does well in his interviews and people think he has the maturity to go with the arm. He is essentially a clone of Whisenhunt's prodigy Ben Roethlisberger. You know he'd love to have that arm with the 6'7'' 240lb frame.

He'll go before Dareus and it won't be in the top five. Sorry for all the Dareus lovers out there we aren't taking him with the first pick and IDK if he'll even go in the top 10. Fairley is better but neither of them are top five pick worthy. Fairley might go in the top 5 but he won't be worth the pick, as not many DTs are worth that pick.

If the draft stays how the order is right now

1. Carolina - Luck

2. Detroit - Peterson

3. Cincinatti - Bowers

4. Buffalo - Mallett

5. Arizona - Amukamara

6. Denver - Fairley

7. San Fransisco - Cam Newton *

8. Minnesota (T) - Quinn (Vernon Gholston 2.0)

9. Cleveland (T) - Akeem Ayers (There is always the top 10 pick that makes you scratch your head...Ayers is good but #9 is a reach)

10. Washington (T) - Julio Jones (will have a freakish combine)

* I stuck Cam Newton in there because he'll have a freak combine and probably be the Heisman winner and a national championship QB. San Fran could opt to go with the west coast guy in Jake Locker though if they like him.

I also think that Arizona could try to leapfrog Buffalo to get Ryan Mallett IF he does well in his interviews and people think he has the maturity to go with the arm. He is essentially a clone of Whisenhunt's prodigy Ben Roethlisberger. You know he'd love to have that arm with the 6'7'' 240lb frame.

Sorry but Mallet wont be the second QB off the board and A.J. Green will go in the top 7. Also in 3 years people wont be questioning the Ayers pick if he does go that high....

Whoops I thought I had already put Green in there and thats why I put Jones in at #10 to Washington...my mistake. However, I don't think he'll go top 7 if this is the draft order UNLESS a team like Tennessee trades up. Detroit, Cincy, Arizona, Denver, San Fransisco are all set at WR.

There is no way that Buffalo believes Fitzpatrick is the future and I GUARANTEE that Ryan Mallett will be the 2nd best QB in this draft. Whether or not Cam Newton vaults ahead of him based on the combine is TBD but Mallett will be better than Newton or Locker.

I think that Luck is the runaway #1 overall pick if he comes out but I wouldn't be surprised if Mallett goes to that spot if Luck stays in school. He has a 67% completion percentage in the SEC and its not exactly a gimicky offense. He is actually running more of a pro-style spread rather than the option spread that so many college QBs are running today. Pair that with a 6'7'' 240lb frame, pretty good quickness, and a cannon arm and all you need is to make sure that he is mature enough to play the position. The maturity/intelligence is the biggest factor but if he gives people confidence in that area then there is no reason he shouldn't go #1.

Archived