• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurricanes 6, Lightning 4

lightsout

Now THAT is a good win. Much needed considering where we are in the Southeast division. Staal went off, which is good to see. All-time points leader for the Canes now. According to Paul Maurice, Staal hasn't even reached full potential (which most of us new, but its good to hear considering how humble Staal is in post-game interviews). If we can get more wins like this one, we can make a serious run for this division. The Caps are good, but I don't think they have the speed to match up on all their lines with ours. And as long as Mo doesn't give Cam a break on ANY Caps games, we stand a great chance (assuming our d-men don't play like ass).

Any other thoughts?

Special Teams was huge this game. 3 for 4 on the power play! I mean damn! I still was miffed a bit on one or two easy ones cam give up. As long as we can continue to score I think we will be ok. Defense is looking alot better. I hope this means pitkanen doesnt have to play 25 mins a night. I think McBain is really hitting his stride. Great time to be a canes fan!

If we keep this up we could even compete for the southeast division. We are hitting our stride at the right time, while atlanta is spiraling down the drain. I cannot say enough about this team and its young players developing at such a fast rate. McBain has been playing so much better with the addition of White (except for that break away jamie gave up last night.) The future looks bright! not to mention this season:D

Love the way this team is playing right now. Could use a little more on defense, but our offense can score with anyone right now. That's great to see.

One thing that has me a little worried as that Paul Maurice teams have a history of being streaky. At times they play amazing, then they break down and look terrible for a while. Hopefully this team won't be that way.

Archived