• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One thing I noticed about Brady...

Darth Biscuit

To better make your point...compare him to Ben. Manning goes down quick. I don't think Brady's knees allow him a whole lot of lateral movement WITH speed.

Brady, Manning and Rivers are true pocket passers with little ability to run. They are however really really good at feeling pressure and sliding, which I think is a much better tool to have.

The three listed above are told to go down on first major contact, and not to take many chances outside the pocket. They can play for 15 years or longer if they do as they are told.

Ben and Rodgers are more mobile, and probably have a longer leash when it comes to scrambling. I promise you that Tomlin thinks that the Steelers can win without Ben.

Norv, Bill, and Jim all know that they go as their QB goes.

Jets LBer Bart Scott...

FOXBORO -- Jets linebacker Bart Scott met with the media following his team's 28-21 win over the Patriots. Scott was asked when he knew that the Jets were in the head of Tom Brady on Sunday.

"When he started looking for the rush when there was no rush," said Scott. "When he thought after a certain amount of time, he was fidgeting. I give Ben Roethlisberger a lot of credit, he's man enough to stay in the pocket, look in the barrel of the gun and take the hit. Most quarterbacks don't like getting hit. When they get hit, they turn into a totally different person."

Scott had lectured the media earlier in the week about the difference between the regular season and the playoffs, and he hammered that point again Sunday night in the locker room.

"We were given virtually no chance, but we knew that his [brady] TD/INT ratio was high in the last four, five playoff games," said Scott. "Some of the guys that came in last year were part of an ass-kicking by the Baltimore Ravens. We knew that we could perform and not be over-hyped. We can handle the emotion.

"They aren't a vertical offense. We didn't fear any of them deep, we knew they couldn't get deep. We knew that they are small guys. People talk about how that's a disadvantage to us, how about being a big, physical defense being an advantage for us? Those guys started wearing down on defense and offense."

Scott was asked if this win meant that Rex Ryan could now be looked at as an equal of Bill Belichick's as a coach.

"Why not better? Belichick is one Mo Lewis hit from being fired," Scott said. "[brady] don't come in we might be talking about him on the unemployment line."

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/2171831/scott-belichick-mo-lewis-hit-being-fired

Archived