• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton Public Workout

mav1234

Let me tell you a little story about players' fathers who don't negotiate but play a role in the contracts.

A baseball player from a little known town in the Antelope Valley, CA comes from a very poor background. He's a big tall strong kid that is a pitcher for his HS team and all the scouts love him. He gets drafted and is offered $4million to sign and live his dream to play baseball. Agent says awesome. Kid says awesome. Father says f*ck no, my kid is worth way more than that.

Blah blah blah negotiations continue and eventually kid doesn't sign. Plays in some obscure men's league and hurts his shoulder. Gets another chance in MLB isn't as good anymore. Now works at Costco in the tire department.

True story.

Don't think it can't happen here. It's a great story if you guys want to read.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Harrington

Well sure it can happen. Anything can happen, including the Panthers pissing you all off by drafting Cam Newton. That doesn't mean it will happen though.

Well sure it can happen. Anything can happen, including the Panthers pissing you all off by drafting Cam Newton. That doesn't mean it will happen though.

Yes, it happens more often with the type of father that Cecil Newton has shown to be in the past.

ESPN did a whole story on Harrington because he literally came from nothing and was offered 4million and turned it down because his father wanted more money.

Yes, it happens more often with the type of father that Cecil Newton has shown to be in the past.

ESPN did a whole story on Harrington because he literally came from nothing and was offered 4million and turned it down because his father wanted more money.

For argument's sake, let's say that Cecil Newton is exactly like the parent in that story, does that prove Cam will let that happen? Maybe you should give the kid a little more credit unless or until he proves you right. I just hate it when folks assume the worst about people they know nothing about.

The fact is, we don't even know for sure if Cecil Newton actually got any money from Auburn or if Cam knew about any of this before it became public.

Anyway, I stand behind my claim that Cam's stock will rise fast.

For argument's sake, let's say that Cecil Newton is exactly like the parent in that story, does that prove Cam will let that happen? Maybe you should give the kid a little more credit unless or until he proves you right. I just hate it when folks assume the worst about people they know nothing about.

The fact is, we don't even know for sure if Cecil Newton actually got any money from Auburn or if Cam knew about any of this before it became public.

Anyway, I stand behind my claim that Cam's stock will rise fast.

While you live in that world, I prefer to live in the real world.

Here's the real world... the NFL is full of kids who had parents heavily involved in their college recruitment and their NFL careers, and they have done just fine.

The bottom line is that Cam Newton will most definitely be drafted high in the 1st round and he will succeed in the NFL, so long as he is willing to work at it. And so far, I have seen nothing that would suggest that he isn't willing to work hard, aside from the opinions of some fans that don't like him in the first place.

Here's the real world... the NFL is full of kids who had parents heavily involved in their college recruitment and their NFL careers, and they have done just fine.

The bottom line is that Cam Newton will most definitely be drafted high in the 1st round and he will succeed in the NFL, so long as he is willing to work at it. And so far, I have seen nothing that would suggest that he isn't willing to work hard, aside from the opinions of some fans that don't like him in the first place.

I get it. You like him. But ignoring the issues surrounding his on and off field problems don't mean they don't exist. That's all.

The Real Deal world you mean? Is that the same world where RB's are equivalent as pro bowl receivers in the passing game, and QBs don't make reads to other receivers on plays that are designed to go to someone else, and NFL DTs commonly run as fast as linebackers?

That world?

I get it. You like him. But ignoring the issues surrounding his on and off field problems don't mean they don't exist. That's all.

Some issues exists, but they are way overblown by people who have already made up their minds about the kid and are unwilling to budge from their opinions.

Some issues exists, but they are way overblown by people who have already made up their minds about the kid and are unwilling to budge from their opinions.

I honestly don't think that's it at all, at least not for me.

People who like him are more willing to ignore those issues because of things like "he is a winner, he went undefeated, he won the Heisman" and they think it'll be the same in the NFL.

I just feel he has some holes in his game that need serious fixing and some of the off field stuff worries me, especially if the franchise were to invest between 30 and 40 million in him.

We can't find anything to bash Cam with so let's stand on a high horse towards his Dad. The same Dad who played in the nfl and got 2 of his sons in the league. The thread is about Cams workout not what some hypocritical racist thinks about the black family. Some of y'all are sad as hell. At least if Cam comes here y'all won't be.

We can't find anything to bash Cam with so let's stand on a high horse towards his Dad. The same Dad who played in the nfl and got 2 of his sons in the league. The thread is about Cams workout not what some hypocritical racist thinks about the black family. Some of y'all are sad as hell. At least if Cam comes here y'all won't be.

Am I the hypocritical racist?

The other story was about white people?

I've been called a ****** and a racist in roughly a 12 hour span

Oh yeah

/Thread

Well I don't know about the racist part, but it does irk me that some people are so damn close minded about Newton.

People are calling Big Ben an elite QB now (even though he has one of the worst off the field offenses a player can have), but about half of his big plays come when he scrambles around and turns the play into back yard football, which has nothing to do with reading defenses or a superior knowledge of X's and O's.

Well I don't know about the racist part, but it does irk me that some people are so damn close minded about Newton.

People are calling Big Ben an elite QB now (even though he has one of the worst off the field offenses a player can have), but about half of his big plays come when he scrambles around and turns the play into back yard football, which has nothing to do with reading defenses or a superior knowledge of X's and O's.

Big Ben is not a runner, he's a scrambler. Cam is a runner. Anything else?

Archived