• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes-Coyotes

cookinbrak

Wow! What an ass kicking! I think the water boy even scored.

No doubt. I don't know what Maurice is doing, but he has these boys playing some really good hockey lately. I'm also shocked to see no one mention the pickup of Jussi Jokinen who had 2 points last night in his first game with us. Good, speedy, playmaking winger. Which is something we desperately needed. Now if we can go get a shutdown defenseman I think we'll be ok.

Also, Cam Ward is coming around and playing lights out, theres finally a reason to be excited about this team again.

No doubt. I don't know what Maurice is doing, but he has these boys playing some really good hockey lately. I'm also shocked to see no one mention the pickup of Jussi Jokinen who had 2 points last night in his first game with us. Good, speedy, playmaking winger. Which is something we desperately needed. Now if we can go get a shutdown defenseman I think we'll be ok.

Also, Cam Ward is coming around and playing lights out, theres finally a reason to be excited about this team again.

Don't forget Leighton's good game against the Shark's in the SHART TANK.

Rutherford just further proved why he is a top 5 GM with this pick up of Jussi, I mean sure he was on waivers, twice, but we also got to unload some dead weight in Meli and Brookbank.

Starts to make you wonder if this team plays better without ol' Roddy Brind'Amour in the lineup. I love the guy, but he might just be hurting the team at this point with his injuries. :(

I said earlier this season when they were struggling that they should take the C away before the fired laviolette

I said earlier this season when they were struggling that they should take the C away before the fired laviolette

It really sucks because Brind'Amour is the kind of guy who's never going to quit. The drive and work ethic he has is key to the kind of player he is/was, and probably the main reason he's been able to play at a top level as long as he has.

It's hard to say what his problem is this season. Most likely, it's from coming off the surgery, and not being fully recovered. However, will he ever be the same again? Who knows.

All I know is that it sucks to watch Rod suck it up out there when you know how big his heart is and how hard he works. He's still a great leader, and he's one of the reasons why Chad LaRose has played so well this year. Rosey went under his wing for offseason conditioning and look what happened.

Strip the C? No way. Try to keep him out until he's 100%. Definitely. If that's the rest of the season? Hope not, but right now it's pretty clear he's skating on one leg out there and it's hurting the team.

Edit: Also, Petruzalek was sent back down to Albany. Hope this means that Scotty Walker is coming back rather than Brind'Amour.

Archived