• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers have reportedly made "significant progress" with free agent Jordan Gross

NCMTNCAT

Not saying I wouldn't have paid that. If you read my post below the one you quoted, you would see that I think in a few years the 9 million average won't be that high and I agree that he has been generally reliable and durable as well. This original post was in response to someone who said that 9 million was cheap and a deal like a hometown discount. I was pointing out that it makes him the second highest paid tackle in the league and will likely guarantee him almost half of it. I think that is very generous compensation for a tackle that IMHO has been in the top 10 in previous years but isn't the second best tackle in the league. Maybe this year he cracked the top 5 but I was actually surprised he made it to the pro-bowl. After all he gave up 3 sacks and missed a few games with the concussion. Again not bad but was it the best in the NFC?

He only missed one game with the Concussion.

actually yes, giving up 3 sacks at LT is a freaking amazing year, the best year Pace had before this season was I believe 4 1/2 sacks given up. Pace in his prime was considered the best LT in the league. So yea 9 million is a discount, cause he could have decided to hit the market and easily got 10 - 11 maybe even 12 a year and still got over half of it guaranteed.

Here's a link to the stats of sacks given up this season for Offensive linemen this past season. Link

Gross - 3 sacks

Wharton - 2.5

Kali - 0

Rg - ???? None of them started enough games to be on the list.

Otah - 5 sacks

Archived